Reverse Colouring with Blends and Celebrate Sunflowers
I made this card using a “Reverse Colouring” technique with the new Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. I wanted to do something non-traditional versus the yellow and brown coloured sunflowers that I’ve seen made with this stamp set. I also wanted to show that you could use the stamp set without the dies. The Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set is a great one for beginners because it has both images and words to use. To see all the supplies I used on this card, see the end of this post.
Here’s how I made the background of this card:
- Stamp the largest sunflower image with Smoky Slate on a piece of Whisper White cardstock (5″ x 3 3/4″).
- Colour in between the sunflowers with the Light Daffodil Delight Blends marker.
- Trace the outline of the flowers with the Dark Daffodil Blends marker.
- Add a little bit of colour with the Light Crumb Cake Blends marker to the centre of the Sunflowers.
- Add a little dash of yellow to the flower petals using the Light So Saffron Blends marker (I just flicked on some colour so they didn’t look naked).
I embossed the saying with Whisper White Ink and White Emboss Powder on a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock. I like embossing with White ink as it makes the embossed image very vivid. I then punched the ends out using the new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. With this punch, you can pick from several sizes and 2 different designs.
To finish off a card, I always like to add an embellishment. On this card, I used the gorgeous new Elegant Faceted Gems. These gems are so pretty. They come in clear, pearlescent white, and a pale pink. I think the pearlescent white gems are my favourite.
To see all of the supplies I used on this card, scroll down. To shop for any of these items, you can click on any image or click here to go to my Online Store.
You can see another sunflower card that I made here in this post using the matching dies.
Check back later this week to www.StampwithJenn.com for another Celebrate Sunflowers card.