Birthday Cheer Card
Birthday cards are the type of cards that I need the most. A card like today’s card is a great one to have on hand as it works for either a man or a woman or even a child. It is not too flowery or too “manly” and the bright, fresh, fun colour scheme is gender neutral too.
There are two elements I love on this card beside the colour scheme: the embossed saying and the way the thread is done. I got this card in a demonstrator swap and I love how the demonstrator embossed the saying in white on the black cardstock. The white embossing really makes the saying really pop off the card!
Be sure to use an embossing buddy first on the black cardstock to eliminate any little extra bits of white powder getting embossed.
One of the other elements I love on this card is the “puddle” of silver thread. It adds an element of interest and sparkle to the card. It is just a loop of thread that is secured with a dimensional (under the saying). Another element that ties the card together is the two Stitched Rectangle shapes on the card–one for the white and one on the saying. The stitched rectangles are visually more interesting than plain rectangles and they don’t require a matted layer of cardstock under then. See all the supplies on this card at the end of this post.
Here’s how to make the card:
- Emboss the card base with the Polka-Dot folder on the Big Shot.
- Cut out the rectangle shape on the Big Shot.
- Stamp the saying with Memento Black ink on the White Rectangle.
- Stamp the hat on a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and cut it out with Paper Snips (we call it “fussy cut”) and attach it to the white rectangle. Attach the white rectangle to the front of the card.
- Stamp the saying with Versamark ink on a piece of Black cardstock and heat set with white embossing powder (see the tip above).
- Centre a rectangle die over the stamped saying and die cut it out on the Big Shot.
- Make a loop of silver thread and attach to the end of a saying with dimensionals. Attach the saying to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Colour some rhinestones with Blends markers and attach to the front of the card. See more about Blends HERE.
If you need any supplies to make this card, you can contact me at email@example.com or shop in my ONLINE store here or by clicking on any of the products below.