Easy Cards with One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper
I love the One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up! The paper is a product that you can only find online in the Online Exclusives section of the Stampin’ Up! website. And it is only available while supplies last! I hope it lasts a while, as I love all the easy cards I made below. With 48 sheets and some of the designs and pieces I divided into multiple pieces you could make a TON Of cards with this paper pack.
Here are the details on this newest Designer Series Paper:
- Item #162118. $17 Canadian
- 48 sheets of patterned paper: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs
- 6″ x 6″
- scenes of winter and Christmas with textures and patterns on the reverse side
- Product colours: Basic Black, Boho Blue, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pebbled Path, Pecan Pie, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Real Red, Wild Wheat
- View the Designer Series Paper Online HERE
You can also see a view of the paper and all of my cards during my latest Facebook live video here.
See all the cards below, including a supply list of what I used on each card.
I divided the papers into several categories:
- cards using use the whole paper as is
- cards using a sheet of paper that I divided into two pieces
- cards using parts of the paper cut into shapes
- cards using the whole paper but cut it into layers
1. Cards using the Whole Paper
Cabin Birthday Card ~ Product List
Christmas Cabin in the Woods ~ Product List
Christmas Deer in Snowy Woods Card ~Product List
2. Cards using Papers that I Cut in Half
Best Ever Deer on Snowy Hill ~ Product List
For the next two cards can you spot the differences? Scroll down for more info.
Deer in Sunlight Forest Birthday Card ~ Product List
For this second card, I just reversed the die cut (so the deer is facing the other way) and put the greeting on the other side of the card. The striped paper strip that is in the background is just a piece of the same One Horse Open Sleigh Paper, but the reverse side.
Deer in Sunlight Forest Thank You Card ~ Product List
I’ve left this card blank and ready for a greeting to add to the tag.
Make it a Christmas card, winter birthday card, and thank you card.
Snowy Tree Line Card ~ Product List
Christmas Landscape on Misty Moonlight ~ Product List
Christmas Landscape on Crumb ~ Product List
3. Cards Using Parts of the Paper Cut into Shapes
On this card, I die-cut out the fox image from one of the pieces of Designer Series Paper. And the strip of tree paper is just the back, a little piece left over from another card. I inked up the greeting with the Copper Clay and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write markers for a two-toned greeting.
The copper Adhesive Backed Snowflakes were the perfect match for this card.
Snowy Fox Card ~ Product List
Snowy Scene ~ Product List
4. Cards Using the Whole Paper but Cut it into Layers
This card might be my favourite card of the group. I love the simplicity of using this lovely winter forest scene on the Designer Series paper and then focusing on the centre part of the paper by adding some layers. I’ve also added in the deer die cut and some snowflakes. You could add your greeting to the inside of the card.
Layered Forest with Deer ~ Product List
For my “Bambi” card, the little deer is just one of the pieces of Designer Series Paper. I added a couple of layers and made the deer a focal point by framing it in a square. And I added a greeting as well.
Bambi in the Forest ~ Product List
Which card is your favourite?