Cute Rhino Birthday
The Rhino Ready stamp set is part of a special group of Stampin’ Up! products called Online Exclusives. These products are not shown in any catalogue but are available thru my Online Stampin’ Up Store HERE. These products, like the Rhino Ready stamp set, are only available while supplies last, so when they disappear from the Stampin’ Up! store, they are sold out and gone. If the message in the store says “currently unavailable”, it means that they are out of stock, but more will be coming back to the store.
I think this birthday card is a lot of fun with the happy hippo, and his friend, as they walk thru the wild blowing on the party horn. I enjoyed colouring all of the elements on this card. You can see that process in the video I made HERE.
You can see the full list of supplies I used at the end of this post. I’ve also included some brief instructions on how to make this card.
I tried to keep the colours on this birthday card more neutral colours so it could suit anyone. I tend to usually make more of a more feminine style of birthday card, so liked that this birthday card could be for a guy or more of a gender-neutral card.
You can see me make this Rhino Birthday card here in this video I made for Facebook LIVE.
Instructions to Make the Rhino Ready Card (see supplies at the end)
- Score and fold the Gray Granite cardstock in half to form the card base.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, emboss the Mossy Meadow layer with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, die cut out the Basic White and Granny Apple Green pieces with the same size of Deckled Rectangle Dies.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, die cut out a circle from the Sweet Sorbet cardstock.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, die cut out the two ground images from the small piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, die cut out the two leaf images from the small piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock.
- Stamp the Hippo image, two images of the grass, and the party blower, with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, on the long strip of Basic White cardstock.
- Colour the Hippo image with Gray Granite Blends markers. Add some dots of the Dark Gray Granite to give the Hippo’s hide texture. Colour the bird with Sweet Sorbet Blends markers. Colour the grass images with Mossy Meadow and Granny Apple Green Blends markers. Colour the party blower with green and red markers to form stripes.
- On the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, die cut out the Hippo image, the two images of the grass, and the party blower, with the matching dies.
- Use the Blending Brush to add some Balmy Blue ink to the Basic White die cut Rectangle to make it look like sky.
- Use the light Balmy Blue Blends marker and the light Mossy Meadow Blends marker to colour the white edges of the die cut images to match the colours where they will be positioned on the card.
- Attach the die cut grass images to the Basic White rectangle (one on either end).
- Attach the Mossy Meadow “ground” to the Basic White rectangle.
- Attach the rhino to the Basic White Rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut the mouth end of the party blower on a slight diagonal with the Paper Snips scissors so it will look like it is coming out of the Rhino’s mouth.
- Attach the party blower to the front of the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the Mossy Meadow embossed cardstock to the front of the card.
- Attach the Granny Apple Green cardstock to the front of the card, on an angle.
- Attach the Basic White layers to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting with Versamark ink on the die cut Sweet Sorbet circle. Sprinkle the greeting with White embossing powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.
- Attach the embossed Sweet Sorbet circle to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Use one Dimensional to hold the leaf die cut in place behind the circle. Use a Mini Glue Dot and Mini Stampin’ Dimensional to attach the palm leaf to the circle.
- Add some Iridescent Rhinestones to the front of the card.
- Add some Wink of Stella to the horn, the bird, and the party blower.