Brilliant Rainbow Dies as a Stencil
I’ve got another card today to show you using the Rainbow of Happiness Bundle. This card focuses mainly on using the dies from this bundle, the Brilliant Rainbow Dies.
The Brilliant Rainbow dies have dies to make a smaller rainbow, like I showcased in this post. And check out the cute cloud dies! AND there is a larger set of rainbow arcs that was used on this card. I got this card from Melva Peters in a demonstrator card swap. Melva used the dies as a stencil to create this look.
Here’s how the rainbow stencil was created.
- Die cut the White Label you will be putting the rainbow on (see the dies used below in my product list).
- Cut out the die image on another piece of white cardstock. Make it larger than the die cut above. Or if you would like a more permanent stencil (that you can reuse), use Stampin’ Up! Window sheets (they are listed in the list of products below.)
- Sponge through the template you made with the dies, using the the ink listed below and the Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes.
- You might want to use a removable tape to mask off each section as you go to help define the colours and to protect your ink pads from bleeding. But if you are careful you don’t need to do this and some blending of the colours (like on this card) make a nice rainbow effect.
- The final step is adding the sentiment. If you notice the sentiment in the stamp set is more of a circular arc, but because this is a photopolymer stamps set, you can bend the stamp set to fit the arc of your larger rainbow! Isn’t that a cool stamping tip?
Finish off the card by embossing the background, adding the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper, and the fun and sparkly new Iridescent Rhinestones (see all supplies below).
The colour scheme on this card was taken from the fun Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper. You can view that paper in this post here. This paper is something that you can earn for free with any $60 order placed during Sale-a-bration. It is an exclusive item offered during Sale-a-bration, so don’t miss your chance to get this matching paper for your Rainbow of Happiness stamp set (which is conveniently $60.25 ). Learn more about Sale-a-bration HERE.
Product List (Click on any PRODUCT to go to my Online Store)