Your Creative Connection: Behind the Mask
It’s time for another edition of Your Creative Connection with a theme of “Behind the Mask”. My demonstrator friends from around the world each share a theme on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Today’s theme is about decorative masks. Stampin’ Up! has several decorative masks that you can use to create textured backgrounds for your projects.
For today’s project, I decided to create my own mask using Stampin’ Up!’s Window Sheets and the So Many Snowflakes Dies (from the Snowflake Wishes bundle). You can see the full list of supplies below.
I love how the raised paste gives a textural element to the card. And my favourite part of the card is the new Snowflake Splendor Ribbon. It looks white in the catalogue picture but it really a gorgeous iridescent colour that matches the Wink of Stella and the Blue Adhesive Backed Gems perfectly.
Heres’s how I made the card:
- I cut the Window Sheet to 6″ x 5″ size so it would be bigger than the card front.
- Then I cut out 3 snowflakes into the Window Sheet. I chose the snowflake dies with the most area to them so that there would be lots of room for the paste to show.
- I cut the Misty Moonlight cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- I stamped some snowflakes with Balmy Blue ink on the front of the card. I wanted the background snowflakes to have a blue/green look to the (to match the pretty iridescent ribbon) and I found that the Balmy Blue ink on the Misty Moonlight cardstock worked.
- I stamped some more snowflakes with Whisper White ink.
- Then I lightly tacked down the Misty Moonlight cardstock so that it would stay in place. I also used scotch tape to hold my window sheet template in place.
- Then I used a Palette Knife to lightly rub the paste over the template so that it filled in the snowflake images.
- Then I let it dry a little bit and added Wink of Stella over top of the snowflakes.
- I added some additional die cut snowflakes and more Wink of Stella.
- For the ribbon, I folded it back and forth and secured it with glue dots.
- I used the punch to make a decorate edge at the ends of the saying.
- And the final touch was to add some of the gorgeous Blue Adhesive Backed Gems.
Check out what my fellow demonstrators did with the “Behind the Mask” theme. And be sure to check out the complete supply list for my card below.
Your next stop on the Your Creative Connection tour is the lovely Janneke Dijkstra from the Netherlands
If you get lost in your travels, here’s a complete list of everyone on this tour…
- Kristine McNickle – New Zealand
- Jenn Tinline – Canada **YOU ARE HERE**
- Janneke Dijkstra – de Jong – Netherlands
- Sarah Berry – UK
- Vicki Boucher – Australia
- Dawn Olchefske – USA
- Barbara Meyer – Austria
See the last Creative Connection Tour here.
To shop for any of the items on this card you can visit my Online Store here or see the pictures of the supplies below.