Your Creative Connection: Fresh from the Garden Video
Today I want to share another card inspired by the “Your Creative Connection” demonstrator group that I belong to and our theme this tour is “Fresh from the Garden”. I was inspired by this theme to make up a card that showcases a beautiful bouquet that might have been something that I picked fresh from my garden. See the full detail of how I made this card in my video below.
I LOVE peonies, so I wanted a stamp set that had peonies and Bloom & Grow seemed perfect. And bonus that it has matching dies to cut out the flowers. And then I used the cute milk jug from the Country Home stamp set as a container for the flower bouquet.
I also love the sayings in the Bloom & Grow stamp set. Not only are they lovely sayings, but they also have that fixed font which is so “in” right now.
All the supplies I used on the card are listed below and you can click on any product image, at the end of this post, to see them in my Online Store.
There are a couple of different tips on this card, including colouring with Blends markers, that I show in the video.
Be sure to watch for:
- what is the background paper?
- how I did the texture on the milk can
- how I added shading to the milk can
- how I make the flower “white”
- what I used for the edge embellishment
- what I added to the inside of the card
- what was the last thing I added to the card
If you get lost in your travels, here’s a complete list of everyone on this tour…
- Claire Daly – Australia
- Dawn Olchefske – USA
- Barbara Meyer – Austria
- Kristine McNickle – New Zealand
- Jenn Tinline – Canada * YOU ARE HERE*
- Jennifer Pauli – Germany
- Janneke Dijkstra de Jong – Netherlands
- Michelle Last – UK
To shop for any of the items on this card, you can visit my Online Store here.