Stamp set: Toxic Treats (c-127901; w-127898)
Paper/Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Basic Black (121045), Old Olive (100702), Tangerine Tango (111349), and More Mustard (100946), Basic Gray (121044) Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (126906)
Inks: StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad (101406)
Other: SNAIL (104332)
1. Select four coordinating colours for you main image. For this card I chose colours to coordinate with the designer paper I was using. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 3″ piece from each colour.
2. Cut a 3-1/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Basic Black cardstock.
3. Stamp your main image in StazOn Jet Black ink on each of the four coordinated colours.
4. Cut each of the four pieces into four equal pieces (1-1/4″ x 1-1/2″)
5. Using a different colour for each corner, mount the image on your Basic Black piece.
6. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of designer paper and mount onto card base (cut 4-1/4″ x 11″, folded in half.
7. Mount the main image piece over the designer paper onto card.
There are many ways to add texture to a project, but the easiest way of all, the new Natural Composition Specialty Paper. Stampin’ Up! has already done the embossing for you, so the texture is part of the paper! This paper is slightly heavier than the standard card stock, and does contain acid and lignin, so it is a good choice for 3-D projects, but is not recommended for scrapbooks.
Stamps: Blue Ribbon (125981)
Ink: Midnight Muse (126860), Summer Starfruit (126991)
Card Stock: Midnight Muse (126843) 1-1/4″ x 3-3/4″, Whisper White (100730) scrap for punching, Natural Composition Specialty Paper (126917) 6′ x 12′
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Bigz XL Fancy Favor (115965), Perfect Polka Dots Folder (117335), Punches – 1-3/8″ Circle (119860), 1-1/4″ Square (119865), 2-3/8″ Scallop (118874), 1/16″ Handheld (101227), Sticky Strip (104294), Stampin Dimensionals (104430
1. Using the Big Shot and the Fancy Favor Die, cut the box out of the Natural Composition DSP. Assemble the box using Sticky Strip.
2. Determine where you want the Midnight Muse strip on the box, then align the strip on the Fancy Favor Die and run through the Big Shot.
3. Place the Midnight Muse strip in the Perfect Polka Dots Folder and run through the Big Shot.
4. Using the corner of the 1-1/4″ Square punch, create the pennant on the bottom of the Midnight Muse strip. Don’t worry about getting the ends even!
5. Stamp the large blue ribbon using Summer Starfruit. Punch out using the 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle.
6. Stamp the inner circle using Midnight Muse. Punch out using the 1-3/8″ Circle.
7. Adhere the Midnight Muse strip to the box using a couple of small pieces of Sticky Strip so as not to ruin the polka dot pattern. Attach the Blue Ribbon using Dimensionals.
8. Punch 2 holes on each side at the top of the box, diagonal from each other. Thread the ribbon through each hole, and tie a small knot to secure.
Halloween Punch Card
Now is the time to begin making projects to celebrate Halloween! My treat for you today is a fun Halloween Punch Card that is quick and so cute! Have fun with this!
Stamp Set: None
Stamp Pad: Basic Black (126980)
Card Stock: Basic Black (121045) 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″, 4″ x 2 1/2″ for hair. Scraps for circle punch.
Tangerine Tango (111349) 4″ x 5 1/4″
Old Olive: (115320) 3 3/4″ x 5″. Scraps for Eye Lids and Nose.
Whisper White; (100730) Scraps for Eyeballs
Punches: 1 1/4″ Circle (119861), 1 3/8″ Circle (119860), Large Oval Punch (119855)
Markers: Basic Black (100082)
Miscellaneous: Stampin’ Sponge (101610), White Gel Pen (105021), Adhesive of choice.
1. Cut Basic Black card stock, score and fold in half.
2. Cut Tangerine Tango mat and adhere to Basic Black card.
3. Punch the circles: Whisper White, Basic Black and Old Olive. Trim off approximately 1/4″ from the two Old Olive Circles. Punch the oval nose. Sponge the Old Olive circles and nose with Basic Black Ink.
4. Create the hair by cutting random jagged points across the Basic Black 4″ x 2 1/2″ strip.. One tip is to draw your jagged hair with a pencil and cut on the pencil line. Use the first one you cut as a template for the next card you make.
5. Adhere the hair to the Old Olive Mat. Next adhere the nose and then your eyes. Glue this mat to the Tangerine Tango mat.
6. The last step is to draw the mouth with a Basic Black marker. Yes, I did this free hand. I did a light pencil version first and then went over it with the Basic Black marker. Erase any pencil lines that show.
Have fun with this card. I hope you make a lot of them.
Tool Tip: Brayer
Stamps – Serene Silhouettes (w – 127322, c – 127324)
Cardstock – Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Basic Black (126980), Daffodil Delight (126944), Baja Breeze (126960), Marina Mist (126962), Old Olive (126953), Garden Green (126973)
Accessories – Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon (126872), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Tools – Big Shot (113439), Labels Framelits (125598), Tulip Embossing Folder (121809), Uniball Signo Gel Pen (105021), Brayer – (102395), post it notes
1) Ink up your brayer with Daffodil Delight Ink, roll back and forth over entire Whisper White Cardstock, starting off the cardstock, then rolling over and off the opposite side and back and forth again.
2) Create a circle mask from a post it note and place on brayered piece where you would like a sun. Mask off bottom portion of the brayered piece where you want to separate earth and sky.
3) Brayer blue ink over cardstock beginning with a lighter blue and then brayering a darker blue only near the top.
4) Flip bottom mask over to protect the sky and brayer green ink along bottom and then a bit darker green only on the very bottom edges.
5) Stamp your image in Basic Black ink.
6) Using your Uniball Signo Gel Pen add some depth to the flowers by adding white dots.
7) Using the Big Shot, die cut the image using a Labels Framelit in the size of your choice.
8) Run your Whisper White cardbase through the Big Shot using the Tulip Embossing folder.
9) Add some Basic Rhinestones to your brayered image and tie a bit of Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the card base.
10) Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and pop up on your card front.
Technique – Rainbow Embossing
STAMPS: Patterned Party (123065w, 123067c), Made for You (126340 w, 126342 c)
CARDSTOCK: Wild Wasabi (108641), Tempting Turquoise (102067), Shimmery White (101910)
INK: Versamark (102283), Basic Black (126980)
ACCESSORIES: Colour Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks- Brights (117155), Heat Tool (129053), Stampin’ Write Marker- Basic Black (100082), Stampin’ Emboss Powder- Wild Wasabi (123224), Stampin’ Emboss Powder- Tempting Turquoise (122950), Stampin’ Emboss Powder- Melon Mambo (123223), Brights Designer Buttons (119747), Bakers Twine – White ( 124262), dimensionals (104430)
OTHER: Ruler, small paint brush
Cut Wild Wasabi cardstock to 5.5 x 8.5”
Cut Wild Wasabi cardstock to 2.25 x 3.5”
Cut Tempting Turquoise cardstock to 4 x 5.25”
Cut designer paper to 3.75 x 3”
Cut Shimmery White cardstock to 2 x 3.25”
1. Stamp the saying with Black ink on the bottom of the Tempting Turquoise cardstock.
2. Ink up the balloons with the versamark stamp.
3. Carefully sprinkle one colour of embossing powder on the far left of the card and shake off excess. (TIP: shake powder off on the left to avoid touching other balloons).
4. Ink up middle of image with another colour of embossing powder and shake off excess (TIP: shake powder straight up or down to avoid touching other balloons).
5. Ink up right side of stamped image with 3rd colour of embossing powder and again shake off excess. (TIP: shake powder off on the right to avoid touching other balloons).
6. Take your paintbrush and carefully brush off any powder from the balloon strings.
7. Heat set the embossing powders.
8. Use your marker and ruler to re-draw in the balloon strings.
9. Attach shimmery white to the Wild Wasabi mat.
10. Wrap the bakers twine around the image a few times and thread Turquoise button through and tie a knot to hold it on.
11. Attach all other pieces.
12. Add balloon image to the front with dimensionals.
Digital Scrapbook Page – Best Trip Ever
School is starting and our summer vacations are over. Here is a cute scrapbook page to highlight photos of your summer trip. Using MDS2 makes it simple to get those pictures onto scrapbook pages since they are already stored on your computer. If you haven’t done so already, give MDS2 a try with our 30-day free trial. Just click here to get started. I’m always available to help you.
Supplies:MDS2 (130644), MDS2+ (130646), MDS2 upgrade (130650) or 30-day Free Trial of MDS2 (130910), On the Go Digital Kit (129360), Decorative Label Punch (123951), 1.25” Square Punch from Punch Shapes (118853)
1. Open MDS2 and choose Photobooks and Individual Pages>12”x12” square>Create Your Own.
2. Fill the background with On the Go Designer Series Paper – 2.
3. Apply the Decorative Label Punch and stretch it until it fills the bottom 1/3 of the page and the top edge forms gentle curves. Fill with Pear Pizzazz colour.
4. From the Resource Palette, choose Embellishments>Browse>On the Go>Frame-1 and apply it. Enlarge it to w-3.18”, h-3.14” and place it near top center of the page.
5. Apply Best Trip Ever from the same folder and resize it to w-2.06”, h-2.52”. While it is still active, hold down your shift key and click on the frame. Use the ‘center’ and ‘middle’ menus in the Align objects button to center the two, then group them. While the group is active, click on the ‘center horizontally’ menu under the Align objects button.
6. Along the edge of the punch apply three photos and mat them changing the colour of the mat to Real Red. They should each be about 3.5” square.
7. Apply On the Go – Label 1 lower center of the page.
8. Apply a car on both sides of the label. Recolour one Real Red and the other Island Indigo.
9. Add drop shadows to your elements to give the suggestion of depth to your page.
All that is left to do is your journaling on the label then send it off to Stampin’ Up!’s professional printer or print it out yourself if you have a printer capable of printing 12”x12” card stock.
Tic Tacs into a delicious treat
Chocolate Chip Ink (#126979)
Pumpkin PIe Ink (#126945)
Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker (#119680)
Pumpkin Pie Card Stock (#105117)
Crumb Cake Card Stock (#120953)
Old Olive Card Stock (#100702)
Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Small Oval Punch (#120908)
3/4″ Circle Punch (#119873)
Word Window Punch (#119857)
SNAIL Adhesive (#104332)
Paintbrush or Chopstick
Orange Tic Tacs
1. Cut Crumb Cake card stock to 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Sponge edges with Chocolate Chip ink.
2. Punch 3 small ovals out of Pumpkin Pie card stock. Sponge edges with Pumpkin Pie ink. Layer and adhere as shown in picture.
3. Free hand cut a pumpkin stem out of Old Olive card stock. Attach to back of the pumpkin.
4. Cut slivers of Old Olive card stock. Wrap around a paint brush or chopstick to curl. Attach to back of the pumpkin.
5. Punch a Word Window out of Crumb Cake card stock. Write “PUMPKIN SEEDS” with an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker. Sponge edges with Chocolate Chip Ink.
6. Punch 3/4″ circle out of Old Olive card stock.
7. Attach blank wraparound label to your box of Tic Tacs.
8. Attach pumpkin to label.
9. Attach “PUMPKIN SEEDS” label (see picture)
Scrapbook Page – perfect Halloween costumes
Now is the perfect time to start thinking about the perfect Halloween costumes for your little monsters. Each year, the outfit has to be better than the last and of course, each labor of love MUST be scrapbooked. Here’s a simple page that will allow you to spend the time eating the Halloween stash instead of laboring over the page along with the costumes.
119711 – 12×12 Neutrals Collection CS, 105117 – Pumpkin Pie CS, 126906 – Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper, 128105 – Frightening Feline, 127539 – Googlies, 101406 – Jet Black Staz-on, 115950 Scallop Square Bigz Clear, 104332- SNAIL adhesive, 106959 – Tabletop Paper Cutter, 1113439 – Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- -Layer a 11 ¼” x 11 ¼” piece of Very Vanilla in the center of a piece of 12”x12” Basic Gray CS. Attach a 11” x 11” piece of Howlstooth Designer paper to the center of the Very Vanilla.
- -Cut four Basic Black scalloped squares using the Big Shot Machine and the Scallop Square Bigz Die. Space evenly on the page. Center a pieces of 4” x 4” Pumpkin Pie CS in the center of the Basic Black Squares. (4)
- -Stamp the Frightening Feline with Black Stazon on to a 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” Very Vanilla CS. Cut a 1 ½” x 3 ¾” piece of Howlstooth Designer paper and tear the bottom edge. Attach to the Very Vanilla as shown. Add Googlie eyes to the cat.