Something as simple as a little Post-It® Note can help you add depth to your stamping. Masking allows you to stamp images with a dimensional look.
Stamps: Autumn Harvest 110372, Loads of Love Accessories 115024
Cardstock: Watercolor Paper 105019, Old Olive 100702, Tangerine Tango 111349, Designer Series Paper – Brights 117155
Ink: StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad 101406, Classic Stampin’ Pad Tangerine Tango 111834, Classic Stampin’ Pad Cherry Cobbler 119669, Classic Stampin’ Pad Old Olive 102277, Classic Stampin’ Pad Soft Suede 115657, Classic Stampin’ Pad Rich Razzleberry 115658
Accessories: Aqua Painters 103954, 1-3/8″x5/8″ Oval Large punch 119863, 1-3/8″x7/8″ Oval Large Punch 119855, Snail Adhesive 104332, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430
1. Stamp the image you would like to have in the front of the “scene” on your cardstock.
2. Stamp the same image on a Post-It Note™, making sure that part of the image is on the sticky part of the paper. I stamped several leaves, since I wanted to stamp a leaf pile on my cardstock.
3. Carefully cut out images on the Post-It Note with your scissors. Cut right on the line or even slightly inside of it.
4. Layer your “ Post-It Note” images (show in green here) over the ones you have stamped on your cardstock.
5. Stamp your second image over your mask. This image will appear to be in the background.
6. Once you have finished stamping over one or more of the “masked” image, remove the mask, place it over the next foreground image you want in the front and continue to stamp.
7. Color your image if necessary.
9. Finish your card.
Scrapbook Page: Wicked Cool
Halloween is upon us, time to dress up, put up crazy decorations, carve a pumpkin and try not to eat too much candy! What a great time to make memories and preserve those memories on a scrapbook page.
Stamps: Wicked Cool (#120600)
Ink: Basic Black Stamp Pad (#101179) and Marker (#100082), Tangerine Tango Stamp Pad (#111834), Basic Gray Stamp Pad (#109120), Rich Razzleberry Marker (#120970), Old Olive Marker (#100079)
Paper: Tangerine Tango Card Stock (#105117), Basic Black Card Stock (#121045), Rich Razzleberry Card stock (#115316), Whisper White Card stock (#100730), Waffle Paper Assortment 2 (#120985), Nite Owl Designer Paper (#123012)
Accessories: Crystal Effects (#101055), Dimensionals (#104430)
Tools: Big Shot (#113439), Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies (#113464), Circle Die #2 (#114526), Paper Cutter (#104152), 1-3/8″ Large Circle Punch (#119860), 1-3/8″ XL Square Punch (#119877), Stampin’ Sponge (#101610), Paper Snips (#103579), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755), , Stampin’ Scrub (#102642), Stampin Mist (#102394), Bone Folder (#102300).
1. Using Basic Black Card stock die cut the letters to spell out “BOO” with the Natural Serif Alphabet dies and the Big Shot. Then apply Crystal Effects directly to each letter so that is appears to be dripping and oozing down each letter. Set these aside to dry as you complete the page.
2. Cut Tangerine Tango Card stock to 8″ x 8″, In the upper left hand corner stamp the bat image in Basic Black ink.
3. Cut Designer Paper to 7-3/4″ x 6″ and adhere to page with Multipurpose Glue.
4. Cut two photo mats; Basic Black = 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and Tangerine Tango 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″. Adhere these to the page with Multipurpose glue.
5. Stamp boot image with Tangerine Tango ink on Whisper White card stock, using Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry Markers, color in white parts of socks, making mulitcolored stripped socks. Punch this out with the 1-3/8″ Circle punch.
6. Clean Stamp with Stampin’ Scrub pad and Stampin’ Mist, then stamp boot image again with Basic Black in on Whisper White card stock. Now cut out just the boots using Paper Snips. Mount these over the top of the Tangerine Tango Boot image you already stamped and punched out.
7. Die cut a circle using the Circle Die #2, the second to the largest circle, with Rich Razzleberry Card stock. Mount the boot image on this circle with Multipurpose glue.
8. Stamp hat image using Basic Black stamp pad on Whisper White Cardstock. Color hat band with Rich Razzleberry Marker. Cut this out with Paper Snips. Mount on Boot image as seen in picture.
9. To create the Ruffle around the Boot image you will need two 1″ strips of waffle paper, unroll the black Waffle paper and cut off a 1″ strip then repeat.
10. On the back of the Rich Razzleberry Circle apply a generous amount of Snail Adhesive to the edge. Begin sticking the Waffle paper to the adhesive, gathering slightly as you go, when you get to the end of the first piece use the second piece, overlapping the first so that you can not see the seam.
11. When your Waffle Paper ruffle is complete turn it over, you will notice that it is not a even circle, use your Paper Snips to trim the Waffle Paper into an even circle. Mount this to your page with Dimensionals.
12. To make the Spooky Banner, Ink Spooky image with Tangerine Tango ink then using the Basic Black marker apply Black ink over the top of the Tangerine, inking only the top half of each letter on the Spooky stamp. Stamp this on Whisper White card stock that is 7/8″ x 3″.
13. Ink the Spider Web image in Basic Gray ink, stamp it off on scratch paper and them on the Spooky image, repeat this to achieve the desired look.
14. Using just the corner of the 1-3/8″ Square Punch, punch a triangle out of each end of the Spooky panel, creating a banner. Sponge this with Basic Gray ink.
15. Use the Bone Folder to curl the ends of the Spooky Banner. Adhere this to your page using one dimensional under each end of the banner.
16. When BOO letters are dry adhere them to the page with Multipurpose Glue. In the center of each “O” stamp the Candle image with Tangerine Ink.
17. To complete your page add your own Halloween Photos cut to; 3″ x 4″ for the Black mat and 3″ x 4-1/2″ for the Tangerine mat.
18. Display your Page for all to see or add it to an album, either way it will
be enjoyed for years to come.