The ornament uses basic Origami folds and is easy to put together. You can make different sizes using the same directions. It’s a great project to do with kids!
Card Stock & Paper: Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (#117152), Bashful Blue 4″ x 4″ (5) & 2″ x 2″ (2); Silver Glimmer Paper (#124005), 2″ x 12″ (2); Neutrals 12″ x 12″ Textured Card Stock Assortment (#121078), Whisper White 2″ x 12″ (2)
Accessories & Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334); Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (#120805); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die (#120901); Decorative Strip Spacer Platform (#113477); Decorative Strip Cutting Pads (#113479); Doily Triple Layer Punch (#122465); Baja Breeze 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (#122964), 20″; Neutrals Assortment Designer Buttons (#119743), Whisper White Flower; Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter (#102023); Sticky Strip (#104294)
1. Score each 4″ x 4″ square at the 2″ mark in both directions & once diagonally. Crease well: mountain folds for the straight scores and valley folds for the diagonals.
2. Adhere folded squares to each other with Sticky Strip. Make sure the openings all face the same way.
3. Punch 10 doilies at the 3rd level from silver paper and place on adhesive sheet. Don’t remove the cover yet.
4. Die cut snowflakes with Big Shot from Whisper White Textured Card Stock. Place on adhesive sheet with the doilies and smooth cover over all to make sure the adhesive transfers.
5. Open out ornament and hold together with clip. Attach snowflakes to squares that show. Cut doilies in half and match across triangle folds. Dust with glitter on exposed adhesive to keep ornament from sticking to itself when folded flat. Attach extra to 2″ squares (optional).
6. Thread ends of ribbon through holes of button. Fold up ornament and lay flat. Attach ribbon ends to each side of the ornament with Sticky Strip and cover with 2″ squares of paper.
7. Open out ornament and slide button down to tip to keep it open. Your ornament is ready to hang.
This ornament may be made from card stock as well. The key is to keep the embellishments simple so it hangs well and also folds flat for storage. Try it in a variety of sizes and paper designs for extra fun!
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids (120633), Petite Pairs (122495)
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler 4 ¼ x 11, 4 x 4 (119685), Chocolate Chip 4 x 5 ¼ ((120128), Shimmery White 4 x 4 (101910), White Vellum Paper 3 x 3 (101839), Holly Berry Bouquet 3 ¾ x 5 (124004)
Ink: Neutrals Craft Stampin’ Spots – Black (119719), Classic Cherry Cobbler (119669), Stampin’ Write Markers – Cherry Cobbler (119681), Pretty in Pink (100045), More Mustard (100076), Chocolate Chip (100071), Wild Wasabi (120975), Blush Blossom (100037)
Accessories: Punches – 2 ½ Circle (120906), Ticket Corner (119867), Large Oval (119855), Scallop Oval (119856), Big Shot (113439), Scallop Circles #2 Die (113469), Heat Tool (100005), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Basic Pearls (119247), 3/8” Quilted Satin Ribbon – Cherry Cobbler (124105), Dazzling Details (124117), Embossing Buddy (103083), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. Rub Embossing Buddy over Vellum
2. Stamp image in Basic Black Craft ink.
3. Pour Embossing Powder over image and tap of excess. Heat until it melts (the Vellum may curl a bit).
4. Flip the Vellum over and color image with markers. Let dry. Punch out using the 2-½ Circle punch.
5. Punch out a 2 ½” circle of Shimmery White card stock. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in Cherry Cobbler on the excess, and punch out using the Large Oval.
6. Attach the vellum, embossed side up, making sure to place the adhesive where it won’t be seen later.
7. Using the Big Shot and the Scallop Circles #2 die, cut the large scallop circle from Cherry Cobbler.
8. Punch the corners of the Holly Berry Bouquet with the Ticket Corner Punch.
9. Assemble Card as shown.
10. Place the Basic Pearls in the corners.
11. Attach the ribbon with Mini Glue Dots, making sure to cover the adhesive under the vellum.
12. Lastly, add the Dazzling Details to the hat, scarf, jacket trim, and tree. Let dry
Stamps: Pennant Parade (W-122740, C-122742)
Ink: Wild Wasabi (109014), Garden Green (102272), Daffodil Delight (119667), Early Espresso (119670)
Card Stock/Paper: Naturals White (102316), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Whisper White (100730), Wild Wasabi (108641), Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (124002)
Tools: Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Word Window Punch (119857), Modern Label Punch (119849), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Accessories: Jewels-Basic Rhinestones (119246), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. To create card base, cut Naturals White card stock to measure 4-1/4” x 11”, score (at 5-1/2”) and fold in half.
2. Cut Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper to measure 3-1/4” x 5-1/4”. Punch a 5-1/2” strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Cut punched piece in half and adhere scallop border to both long sides of Designer Series Paper. Adhere entire piece to card base.
3. Cut Whisper White card stock to measure 2’ x 3-1/2”. Using Daffodil Delight ink, stamp star image near the top edge and centered. Using Early Espresso ink, stamp pot image about 1” from bottom edge (centered).
4. Using Garden Green ink, stamp three tree images onto Wild Wasabi card stock. Punch out trees using Petite Pennants Builder Punch.
5. Score each tree down the center and fold. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere trees together. Glue trees to card stock above pot.
6. On a scrap of Whisper White card stock, stamp greeting using Wild Wasabi ink and punch out using Word Window Punch. Adhere to Wild Wasabi card stock cropped using Modern Label Punch. Attach greeting piece to Whisper White piece using Liquid Glue. Attach entire piece to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. Apply Jewels-Basic Rhinestones to star above tree and to greeting below tree.
Punches: Stocking, Square, Scallop Border
Layer Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White
1. Choose 12 x 12 layer in Cherry Cobbler.
2. Add Square punch layer, stretch across page and color it Basic Black (for mantle).
3. Add Creamy Caramel Square punch layer and stretch to fill bottom portion of page under Basic Black Mantle.
4. Add Garden Green Scallop Border punch layer just under Basic Black mantle and layered on top of Creamy Caramel layer.
5. Add Basic Black “Season’s Greetings” phrase from Something for Christmas brush stamp set and place above mantle.
6. Add three Cherry Cobbler stockings to mantle. Add Whisper White heel, toe, and cuff to all three stockings.
7. Add Basic Black brads to stockings.
8. Add Whisper White snowflake image from Something for Christmas brush stamp set to mantle. Place Real Red brad in center of each snowflake image.
9. Place four Whisper White ornaments between stockings.
10. Add Basic Black and Whisper White squares to create photo layers.
11. To complete page, add beautiful Christmas photo and journaling!