Whisper White Cardstock (100730)
Gumball green classic ink (126861)
Vine Street Textured Embossing Folder (130492)
Big Shot (113439)
1. Place a 4 x 5 1/4 sheet of Whisper White cardstock into the Vine Street embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot
2. Now ink your brayer by rolling it back and forth over an ink pad in the color of your choice.
3. Once it is adequately inked very gently and lightly roll it over the raised design created by the embossing folder. You may have to add more ink to the brayer to keep it even.
A light touch is the key to success!
4. The Vine Street Embossing Folder works very well for this. Experiment with other folders for different looks. Use it as a background to create a card or in a scrapbook page!
5. Just so you know the Vine Street embossing folder used here is a Sale-a-Bration bonus item! It has been made exclusively for Sale-a-Bration and will not be available for sale at any time. So get yours today with a qualifying Sale-a-Bration order!! It is a beauty!
Stamps: Swallowtail (w-129213, c-129216), Bloomin’ Marvelous (w-129651, c-129654)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze (111352), Not Quite Navy (101722), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Basic Black (126980), Versamark (102283), Baja Breeze (126960), Not Quite Navy (126971)
Accessories: Embossing Buddy (103083), White Embossing Powder (109132), Heat Tool (129053), Sponge Daubers (102892), Large Oval Punch (119855), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon (124145), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. Cut cardstock to the following dimensions:
• Baja Breeze: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” (fold in half for card base)
• Basic Black: 5-3/8” x 4-1/8”
• Whisper White: 5-1/4” x 4”, scrap
• Not Quite Navy: scrap
2. Rub Embossing Buddy over Whisper White cardstock. Ink Swallowtail in Versamark and stamp on Whisper White. Emboss with White Embossing Powder.
3. Take a Sponge Dauber in Not Quite Navy ink and burnish it along the center of the butterfly. Work out toward the wings about half way.
4. Take another Dauber in Baja Breeze ink and burnish it along the outside of the butterfly. Blend the two colors together.
5. Take a tissue and rub excess ink off the embossed image.
6. Attach the Basic Black layer.
7. Add Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon.
8. Stamp greeting from Bloomin’ Marvelous in Basic Black on Whisper White. Punch out with Large Oval Punch.
9. Punch out a Scallop Oval Punch from Not Quite Navy. Layer greeting and attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
STAMPS: Feeling Sentimental (129627 w, 129630 c)*, Bloomin’ Marvelous (129651 w, 129654 c)*
INK: Old Olive (126953), Melon Mambo (126948)
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White (100730), Melon Mambo (115320)
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (121809), Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker (100079), Dazzling Details (124117), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
*Sale-a-bration 2013 Stamp Set
1. Cutting Instructions:
Whisper White: 11 x 4.25”
Melon Mambo: 4 x 2.75”
Whisper White: 3.75 x 2.5”
2. Stamp the saying with Old Olive in the bottom right hand side of the smaller white piece of cardstock.
3. Stamp 3 flowers in Melon Mambo ink in the top left corner.
4. Use your ruler to draw lines with the Old Olive marker around the perimeter of the small white piece of cardstock. Start your first line to line up with the words. Skip drawing the line when it intersects with the flowers.
5. Attach your small white piece to the Melon Mambo mat with SNAIL adhesive.
6. Run the white cardstock base through the Big Shot with the front part of the card in the embossing folder.
7. Attach the Melon Mambo piece to the front of the card with dimensionals.
8. Add dazzling details to the centre of the flowers. Be sure to let it dry.
Stamps: Forever with You #126725 (w) #126727 (c)
Ink: VersaMark #102283, Whisper White Craft Pad #101731
Paper: Real Red Card Stock #126949, Basic Black Card Stock #121045, More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper #129309
Accessories: Embossing Buddy #103083, Heat Tool #129053, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder #109132, Hearts Collection Framelits #125599, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine #113439, Small Heart Punch #117193, 1/8” Real Red Taffeta Ribbon #119251, SNAIL Adhesive #104332, Glue Dots #103683, Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430, small rag or sponge for wiping on some white craft ink
1. Cut piece of Real Red card stock 8 ½” x 5 ½”. Fold in half for a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” card base.
2. Chalkboard Technique: Cut piece of Basic Black card stock 5 ¼” x 4”. Wipe with Embossing Buddy to eliminate static. Stamp design with VersaMark ink. Quickly sprinkle with White embossing powder and shake off excess. If you have any stray specks of powder, try to remove with a small brush, or tap or blow off. Heat powder with Heat Tool to emboss. Using a rag (preferably) or a sponge, very lightly wipe some white craft ink randomly onto the black card stock to look like chalk dust. Do to your taste, but don’t overdo.
3. Adhere black card stock to card base using SNAIL Adhesive.
4. Adhere any embellishments to your card. The hearts were die cut with the Big Shot or punched and adhered with dimensionals and SNAIL. A little bow was added to the top of the design and adhered with a Glue Dot.
STAMPS: 118724 wood-mount 120585 (clear-mount) Broadsheet Alphabet;
126555 wood-mount 126557 clear-mount From My Heart; 118517 wood-mount 120573 clear-mount Artistic Etchings
INK: 126950 Rich Razzleberry; 126974 Early Espresso
CARDSTOCK: 100730 Whisper White; 119686 Early Espresso; 115316 Rich Razzleberry
ACCESSORIES: 101610 Sponges; 113439 Big Shot; 130159 Hearts a Flutter Framelits; 125601 Adorning Accents; 129324 Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels; 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals; 126876 – 1/4” Stitched Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon; 123124 Early Espresso Baker’s Twine
1. Cut Early Espresso cardstock at 8” x 8” for base
2. Using Big Shot, die cut 4 scalloped banner pieces on Rich Razzleberry Cardstock;
3. Stamp “L”, “O”, “V”, “E” with Rich Razzleberry ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and die cut with narrower banner framelit. Adhere onto Rich Razzleberry banner die cuts.
4. Adhere 8” Rich Razzleberry Stitched Grosgrain ribbon onto left side of page
5. Adhere letters on top of Rich Razzleberry ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. With 7” Early Espresso Baker’s Twine, tie bow on top of Rich Razzleberry Ribbon
7. Cut Rich Razzleberry Cardstock at 5-1/2” x 7-1/2” and emboss along the top and bottom of the 5-1/2” side with Adorning Accents Embossing Folder; adhere onto scrapbook base
8. Cut Early Espresso Cardstock at 5” x 4-7/8” for picture mat; (you can place a 4-5/8” x 4-1/2” picture on the mat)
9. Stamp sentiment with Rich Razzleberry ink onto Whisper White cardstock and die cut heart with Hearts a Flutter Framelits; die cut another Whisper White heart
10. Stamp circle image from Artistic Etchings stamp and die cut with smaller heart from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits;
11. Sponge all 3 hearts with Early Espresso ink; adhere smaller heart onto center heart; place 1 large rhinestone jewel on each of the hearts;
12. Adhere hearts onto corners of picture mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamps: You Are Loved (wood – 123777 and clear 123779)
Ink: Versa Mark (102283), Regal Rose (126947)
Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Regal Rose (105130), Melon Mambo (115320), Pink Pirouette (111351)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Fashionable Hearts Embosslit (125596), Square Lattice Folder (119976), Decorative Label (120907), Large Oval (119855), Big Shot (115439), 3/8” Striped Melon Mambo Organdy Ribbon (129293), Clear embossing Powder(109130), Melon Mambo (123223), Embossing Buddy (103083)
1. Base is 4 ¼ x 11 piece of Whisper White
2. Take a scrap of Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Melon Mambo cardstock; place it in the heart and run it through the Big Shot
3. Randomly adhere all the hearts on a piece of 4 x 5 ¼” Old Olive. Cut off the overhang of hearts
4. Place the hearts and the Old Olive cardstock in the embossing folder
5. Ink the stamp in Versa Mark and add Melon Mambo embossing powder on one. Heat set the ink. Clean the stamp
6. Ink the stamp in Regal Rose ink and add clear embossing powder on top. Heat set the ink. (Note, this is the new ink pads. They are wet enough for you to add embossing powder on top.)
7. Punch out the Melon Mambo image with the Decorative Label punch
8. Punch out the Regal Rose words with the Large Oval punch. Place the words on the Melon Mambo with dimensionals
9. Take a glue dot and place it on the ends of the Ribbon.
10. Add dimensionals on the Decorative Label Punch
11. Take an extra piece of ribbon and tie a knot on the right side of the sentiment
12. Add dimensional to the back of the Old Olive cardstock and adhere it to the Whisper White base.
This little project is a great way to have a go at scrapbooking without being overwhelmed by a 12×12 space to fill.
Once the basic construction is understood you can adapt the size to fit any time of need. It would make a great little gift for a birthday or new baby perhaps.
This is what is called a ‘squash book’.
119981 – Rich Razzleberry cardstock 8”x 8”
127542 – Summer Starfruit cardstock 8”x8”
127540 – Sycamore Street designer series papers
130812 – Sycamore Street button and ribbon bundle
125574 – Pool Party Bakers Twine
129627 – Feeling Sentimental stamp set
1. You will need three squares of cardstock measuring 8” x 8”. In this sample we have used two Rich Razzleberry and one Summer Starfruit.
2. Each of these pieces need to be folded, firstly in half and then folded in half again the opposite way. The third fold is diagonal in just one direction.
3. The folds need to be a certain way; the half way folds in both ways need to be mountain folds, but the diagonal fold needs to be valley folds. The image above will show what this means. If you can fold it this way it will make the completion easier.
4. Once you have folded all three the same they need to be adhered together using the full square panels. It is tricky to explain but the image below shows how they attach. The cardstock needs to be placed opposite ways as in the picture.
5. Once you have these pieces together the whole thing should fold up quite easily to create the squash book and all that remains is to decorate it as required.
6. To decorate I have used some of the Sycamore Street (127540) designer papers from Sale-a-bration. The large layer of paper needs to be 3¾” x 3¾” squares. If you want to then add a layer on top of that one, as in this sample in cardstock, that measures 3¼” x 3¼”.
7. If you want to then add the triangles of designer papers, these squares need to be 3½” x 3½” and then cut them diagonally in half.
8. The final touch is to add your ribbon to hold the book closed and decorate the cover. In this sample I have used the coordinating Sycamore Street ribbons and buttons (130812). The colours are Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry. You can add some Pool Party Bakers Twine (125574) through the buttons.
9. The greeting is from the Sale-a-bration stamp set Feeling Sentimental (129627).
Need a really fast scrapbook page for your sweetheart? You can make this one in less than 5 minutes!
Paper: More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309); Pool Party (122924) and Real Red (102482) card stock
1. Use “a loving heart” paper as the base. Cut a 2-1/2″ strip of the hearts paper and adhere to left side of page.
2. Cut out one pink and one red heart from laser-cut sheet and adhere to page.
3. Mat photo on Pool Party, then Real Red card stock. Sample is sized for a 5″ x 7″ photo.
Supplies: My Digtal 2+ 130647 Disk or 130646 Download
1. Looking at the resource palette, choose the 6th icon to choose a photo layout.
2. Choose Photo Layout Square 05 (on My Digital Studio 2+)
3. Click on one of the photo circles, and click on Mat in the design center. Choose “apply to all photos on this page.”
4. Click on paper on the resource palette. Choose Love Letter
5. Click on the 10th pattern
6. Click on the stamp image on the resource palette, and choose Calendar Basics Kit stamp set.
7. Click on “I heart” and center image at the top of the page.
8. At the design center choose Change Color, and change the “I Heart” image to Whisper White.
9. Choose the following 3 heart punches, Full Heart, Medium Heart, and Tall Heart, and arrange on the page.
10. Looking at the design center choose drop shadow and click on “Apply to all punches on this page”.
11. Click on smaller 2 punched heats and change the color to Whisper White by clicking on Color Fill.
12. Click on largest heart and color fill with Riding Hood Red.
13. Click on Mat for the largest heart, and change the color to Whisper White.
14. Fill in with photos of the things you love!