INTRO: Get a head start on your Valentine’s Day cards over the holiday. Or just make cards for those you love. I love the blue heart on this card. Did you know you can colour the glimmer paper? Check out the weave idea on this card. It is a great way to use up your scraps.
STAMPS: Easy Events (116958w, 123225c)
INK: Basic Black (101179), Baja Breeze (111833)
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045), Baja Breeze (111352)
ACCESSORIES: Full Heart Punch (119883), Glimmer Paper (124004 Holiday Mini), 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon: Crumb Cake (122966), Jewels: Basic Rhinestones (119246), Sponge Daubers (102892), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430)
1) Cutting instructions:
Cut White cardstock to 6×6” and fold in half.
Cut Black cardstock to 5.75 x 2.75”.
Cut Crumb cardstock to 5.5 x 2.5”.
Cut 2 pieces of Baja Breeze cardstock to .25 x 5.25”.
Cut 1 pieces of Baja Breeze cardstock at .25 x 2.5”.
Cut 1 piece of Glimmer paper at .25 x 5.25”.
Cut 2 pieces of Glimmer paper at .25 x 2.5”.
Cut 1 piece of Glimmer paper at 2.5” square (or use scraps).
2) Punch heart out of scrap or square piece of glimmer paper.
3) Ink up your sponge dauber using baja ink. And then rub it over the heart punch out. Be sure to Sponge the edges of the heart too. For a darker look dip your sponge dauber into a baja breeze ink refill. Let the heart dry.
4) Attach strips of baja cardstock and glimmer paper as shown, leaving one end loose.
5) Weave the loose ends as shown and secure each end with a glue dot.
6) Stamp the saying.
7) Attach crumb cake mat to black mat and then to front of white card.
8) Tie ribbon into a bow and attach to card with glue dots.
9) Attach heart to front of card using dimensionals.
10) Add 3 rhinestones to heart (you made need to use additional gluedots to make them stick).
Paper: Basic Black Cardstock 8.5” x 11” – item 121045, Brushed Silver Cardstock – item 100712
Other: Snail Adhesive – item 104332, 2-1/2” Circle Punch – item 120906, Paper Cutter – item 104152, Paper Snips – item 103579
1) Punch 2-1/2” circle from Basic Black Cardstock
2) On a portion of Basic Black cardstock cut to 6” x 2.5”, vertically snip up approx. ½” along one long edge of strip of Basic Black cardstock, about every ½” to create a “fringe”
3) Roll the strip of cardstock into a tube, securing with SNAIL adhesive. Fold fringe flaps towards inside of tube.
4) Adhere flaps onto 2-1/2” circle to create the top hat.
5) Adhere a ½” x 6” strip of Silver cardstock around base of crown of hat to create band.
6) You can fill the hat with candies, or adhere a punch out to use as a place card!
Stamps: Jayne’s Type Alphabet (114401)
Card stock: 12 x 12 Brights Textured Cardstock (121077), Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper (124004), Silver Glimmer Paper (124005), Red Glimmer Paper (121790), Brushed Silver Cardstock (100712), Whisper White Cardstock (100730)
Ink: Real Red Classic Stamp Pad (103133)
Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Tools: Ornament Punch (119847), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
1) Cut 2 pieces of Silver Glimmer paper in 1/2″ x 12″ strips and 1 piece in 3/8″ x 12″ strip.
2) Cut one piece of the Red/ Vanilla striped paper from the Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper pack at 3 1/2″ x 12″ and one piece at 1/2″ x 12″
3) Cut one piece of Brushed Silver Cardstock at 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ for your photo mat.
4) Cut one piece of Whisper White Cardstock at 1 1/2 x 6 3/4″.
5) Stamp “Christmas” on Whisper White Carstock strip using Real Red ink and the Jayne’s Type Alphabet.
6) Cut one piece of Brushed Silver Cardstock at 1 3/4″ x 7″ to layer your stamped page title on.
7) Punch two ornaments from the Silver Glimmer paper using the Ornament punch and one ornament from the Red Glimmer paper using the Ornament Punch.
8) Take your 3/8 x 12″ strip of Silver Glimmer paper and punch one 12″ edge using the Scallop Trim Border Punch.
9) Layer the punched strip of Silver Glimmer paper slightly under the 1/2″ x 12″ strip of striped Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper and adhere to the top of your Real Red 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock.
10) Layer the two 1/2 x 12″ strips of Silver Glimmer paper just slightly over the edges of the 3 1/2 x 12″ Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper and adhere using SNAIL adhesive near the bottom of your 12 x 12 Real Red Textured Cardstock.
11) Using SNAIL adhevise attach your Brushed Silver Cardstock photo mat to your scrapbook page.
11) Apply Stampin’ Dimensionals to the backs of your three punched ornaments and attach in a staggered pattern to the left side of your page.
CARD STOCK: Whisper White (100730), Glimmer Paper: Silver (124005),
Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack to coordinate with the aluminum cans you have used. I used the 2010-2012 In Color Assortment: Pear Pizzazz (117158)
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Bigz Snowflake #2 Die (113460), Northern Frost Sizzlets Decorative Strip Die (120901), Snowflake Punch (119852), Glimmer Brads: In Color 2010-2012 (121005-Pear Pizzazz) and Brights (121006-Real Red), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Hot Glue Gun, Mat Pack (105826), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Paper Snips (103579), 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon: Real Red (119251)
1) Make your wreath base: Use a cardboard backing piece from a package of Designer Series Paper or something similar. Then find a ROUND object the dimension you want for the outside of your wreath. Trace it with a pencil. Then, free hand, draw another pencil line about 1-1/4” to 1-1/2” inside the first traced line. This will be the wreath form. Bear in mind: no one is going to see these lines or see how perfectly straight they are!!! Cut out this wreath shape. Trace it on another cardboard backing piece and cut it out. Glue these two pieces together for strength.
2) Select a color of Patterns Designer Series Paper that coordinates with your aluminum cans. (You won’t see a lot of this paper through the snowflakes but it’s a whole lot better than just seeing raw cardboard.) Lay your wreath form on the wrong side of the Patterns DSP. Draw pencil lines about 1/2” from the outside and inside of the wreath form edges. Cut out along these lines.
3) Apply Tombow Multipurpose Glue on one side of the wreath form and lay it on the Patterns DSP. You should have 1/2” extra on the inside and outside edges.
4) Using Paper Snips, make cuts up to the edges of the wreath form along both inside edges and outside edges. (photo #1)
5) Apply Tombow Multipurpose Glue along one of the edges and fold over the little flaps you’ve created. Make sure they are snugly glued. Do the same for the other edge.
This DSP covered wreath form will not be a work of art but it will also not really be seen!
6) Gather 8-12 empty aluminum cans. (This sample used Bud Light Lime cans salvaged from a camping trip!) Carefully remove both ends and split the can so it lies flat. It doesn’t matter where you split the can!
7) Lay can, print side UP, on the Snowflake #2 die and run it through the Big Shot. By laying the can print side up, the raw edges will be turned under toward the unprinted side. Turn the flattened can to the opposite end and cut another snowflake. Remove all the little pieces that are not a part of the finished snowflake. Set snowflakes aside.
8) Punch out an odd number of snowflakes using the Snowflake punch and Whisper White card stock. The number depends upon the size of your wreath base. Set aside.
9) Using the Northern Frost Sizzlet Decorative Strip and Silver Glimmer Paper and the Big Shot, punch out at least one strip and possibly two strips depending upon the size of your wreath base. Suggestion: If you have cut out two strips, when punching out the little bits from the punched snowflakes, layer two matching snowflakes and punch both at one time. Great time and frustration saver! Set aside.
10) Randomly begin placing your various snowflakes on your wreath base. Before you secure them, place Pear Pizzazz Brads in some of the Whisper White snowflakes. Place Real Red Brads in three of the Silver Glimmer snowflakes. Position these three snowflakes in a cluster when positioning all of your snowflakes. (see photo #2 or #3)
11) Once you know where you want them positioned, secure with hot glue.
12) When all is secured, you can bend and tweak some of the snowflakes for added dimension.
13) Attach a piece of Real Red 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon on the back of the wreath with hot glue. The length depends upon the size of the wreath and where it will be hanging.