Trick or Tweet ~ Batty for You Halloween Card
I made this Halloween card using the new Stampin’ Up! stamp set Trick or Tweet from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalogue. Even the name of the set is adorable! I’m not usually a Halloween card maker, but I couldn’t resist this stamp set, especially since it has a little cat in it (and I’m a little cat crazy!)
Plus, this card I made, could easily be a “I love you” type of card, perfect for a spouse or a child. I plan to use the Trick or Tweet stamp set to make up some packaged treats. Please stay tuned to my blog at www.StampwithJenn.com for that next week.
Just wanted to point a couple of fun things on this card (and you can see the complete supply list below at the end of this post).
- First of all I coloured the adorable elephant with Stampin’ Up! Blends alchohol markers. How did I ever survive without these markers before now? You can see more about Blends here.
- I used the Spooky Bats Punch to create a unique 3-D background. I did use my Multipurpose Glue to stick those on well. Surprisingly, it didn’t take that long to do this background and I plan to try this stamping technique again with other punches.
- I’ve used the new Chicken Wire Elements, from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalogue as a metallic accent on this card (not just for rustic country cards!)
- I also used the Country Lane DSP. (It is also meant for fall cards, but I love the patterns on the reverse side and also love purple and black together for Halloween cards).
- I coloured the “wings” of the Elephant with my Wink of Stella Glitter brush to tie in all the glimmer on the card.
- I used the delicious new Glittered Organdy Ribbon on the card. Seriously this ribbon is so pretty…I want to make Christmas cards with it!
- And I used my favourite die combo for the main image: Stitched Shapes Framelits with Layering Circle Framelits.
See all of the products I used on this Trick or Tweet Halloween card below and click on any of them to link to my Online Store.