Abstract Impressions and 2-Step Stamping
My favourite new stamp set from the new Stampin’ Up! Catalogue is Abstract Impressions!
I love a most floral sets, but especially love a set that uses the 2-Step Stamping Technique too. It is so easy to make beautiful layered images! You can literally create a card like this in 5 minutes.
Here’s how I stamped the image.
- Take the largest most filled in flower stamp and ink it up in Highland Heather ink. Stamp on scrap paper first and then onto the White Cardstock.
- Ink up the next most filled in stamp with Highland Heather ink and stamp it on top of the first image. You don’t have to line it up for it to look great, that is the beauty of 2-Step Stamping. But if you do want to line up the images, line up the small little line on each stamp. You can see it on the stamp set image above, at the bottom of each flower.
- Ink up the most detailed (the smallest image) with Gorgeous Grape ink and stamp it over top of the other images.
- To create the leaves, ink up the largest leaf image with Granny Apple Green ink. Stamp it on your scrap paper and then onto the cardstock, close the flowers.
- Ink up the smaller leaf image with Granny Apple Green ink and stamp over top of the first image.
- I did the same 2-Step Stamping Technique for the rounded greenery using Soft Sea Foam ink for the first layer and stamped off Granny Apple Green ink for the second layer.
I love all the new colours on this card. So far these colours and this colour combination of colours are my favourite!
I didn’t use the matching dies on this card, but it is also available as a bundle. See the video below for more details and some lovely ideas to make with the Abstract Impressions Bundle.
You can shop for the Abstract Impressions bundle here in my online store.