Magical Baby Wipe Technique
I used the Baby Wipe Technique on this card to make the Dragon multi-coloured. More on how to do the Baby Wipe Technique below. The dragon and the saying are from the Magical Day Stamp set and are cut out with the Magical Mates dies from Stampin’ Up! The stamp set and dies are on the retiring list. Also on the retiring list is the Brick Wall Embossing folder (see all the product details at the end of this post).
See all the retiring items HERE.
The Magical Day stamp set is available until May 25th and the dies are only available while supplies last! The dies are also on the sale list! In fact, the stamp set and dies are cheaper to buy on their own than the bundle.
Also, on this card is the the beautiful Myths & Magic Washi Tape. This tape is sparkly and gorgeous. See a close up of the card below. But hurry if these items are on your wishlist as the accessories are all only available while supplies last. See all the supplies for this card at the end of this post.
Here are the steps for the Baby Wipe Technique.
- Stamp the dragon image with Black ink on white cardstock.
- Put some ink refills on a couple of folded up baby wipes. I used Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party and Dapper Denim. You only want a little bit of a darker colour so the colour doesn’t obsure the image.
- Ink up another stamp that has a lot of texture on it. I used the lace pattern from the Southern Serenade stamp set (you can see it below in the supply list). Tape the stamp a few times on the “Baby Wipe Ink Pad”.
- Stamp the inked up stamp over top of the dragon image.
- Cut out the image with the dies.
- Attach with dimensionals.