Greetings from Santa Shaker Card
Greetings from Santa is one of the many stamp sets that is retiring from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalogue. See the full list of retiring products here. Once a stamps set retires, it is no longer available. I made this shaker card using the stamp set and matching dies. I added some sequins and mica flakes to form the shaker bits in the card. Love that each time you shake the card, you get a different look!
- Cut out the white cardstock on the Big Shot with the dies.
- Attach the window sheet to the back of the cut out using a fine tip glue pen (just to seal the edges).
- Make a frame with the adhesive strips on top of the window sheet.
- Pour about 1/8 teaspoon of glitter and 1/8 of mica flakes (I used both gold and white) on the navy cardstock (at the top in the middle).
- Carefully peel of the backing on the adhesive strips and centre the Santa frame over top of the night of navy cardstock. Press around on all the edges to seal it.
- Shake, Shake, Shake! And then finish off the card details.
TIP: If you are adding some white mica flakes, also add a pinch of cornstarch to the mix so that everything slides more easily.
The die that cut out the Santa is called the Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies. You can get the dies and the stamp set as a bundle (and a reduced price), but the bundle prices is being retired. See all the products below (and you can print the supply list). The dies will continue to be available after the Holiday Catalogue ends, but I recommend getting the dies now in a bundle with the Greetings from Santa stamp set, while they are on sale, as they go so well together.