Guest Artist: Marilyn Ratcliffe: Big Shot Purse
Isn't this purse card adorable? Marilyn Ratcliffe, a demonstrator in my group, from Burlington, Ontario made me this very pretty purse card and I just knew it had to be featured as a guest post. Notice the details of the marker line on the embossed Top Note Die and how Marilyn personalized the purse with my initials…love it! This would be perfect as a gift certificate holder or money holder.
- Fold a standard greeting card 5.5 inches by 4.25 (the black part) and then round the corners with a corner rounder punch.
- Use Stampin' Up's Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with the Big Shot to cut out the textured roses on the bottom half of the card/purse. The texture is hard to see in this photo, but it is gorgeous in person. Then trim around the image and attach to front of card.
- Cut a white piece of cardstock from the popular Top Note Die for the Big Shot to form a fold over flap for the top of the purse.
- Use a basic black marker to follow along the "stitch" lines on the shape. Personalize if desired.
- Fold the Top Note Shape in half.
- Cut or punch two holes right on the crease line.
- Put ribbon thru the holes and tape ribbon and back half of shape securely to back of the card/purse.
- Put a small piece of velcro on the flap underneath the initials so that the "purse" can be opened.
- Add extra ribbon onto the strap.
Thanks Marilyn for a gorgeous greeting card and a clever idea!