Guest Artist: Jen Kibitlewski: Winter Bookmark
Love this newest project from Jen Kibitlewski! A great little gift to make to add to a book gift or a Chapters Gift Certificate. Thanks again Jen for sharing your talent with us.
These are a GREAT way to use up all of those scraps!
Stamp Sets: Branch Out
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: sponge, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Lots of Labels Dies, 1 1/4" circle punch, jumbo paper clip
Other: giant Paper clip from office supply store
- Make two labels out of Bashful Blue paper using the Lots of Labels die. Stamp snowflakes in Bashful Blue on one of the labels, then sponge the edges.
- Punch a circle out of Whisper White paper. Stamp tree in Chocolate Chip on the circle.
- Stamp bird onto the Whisper White layer in Real Red ink, then stamp him again on a scrap of Whisper White and cut him out.
- Use 2 Way glue pen to trace the tree branches, the sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds. Tap off excess.
- Trim a Dimensional to fit the back of the bird that you cut out, and place him on your circle layer. Adhere circle to the middle of your stamped label.
- Place your unstamped blue label down on your work surface. This will become the back of your bookmark. Put several Dimensionals in the centre of the label. Take off the backing, place the top of paper clip over dimensionals and press. Adhere another layer of dimensionals on top of the paperclip directly over your first set of dimensionals, sandwiching the paperclip in between. Remove the backing, then place your stamped label over top, and press firmly for several seconds.
- Tie a ribbon to the paper clip.