Guest Artist: Jen Kibitlewski: Embrace Life
Jen Kibitlewski is back with another stunning card for my Friday Guest artist spot. Love how the detail on the card…the subtle colouring around the flower, the corner rounding, the paper piercing, the lovely scallop edge and of course the bling rhinestone brad. Notice too how she stamped the envelope to match. Jen also included the instructions below. Thanks Jen!
Stamp Set: Embrace Life
Paper: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink pads: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Pretty In Pink Marker, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brads, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder, Lots of Tags Sizzlits Dies, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma jig, Paper Piercer
1) Using Stamp a ma jig, stamp single flower in Certainly Celery ink on bottom 1/3 of Certainly Celery card front in rows, alternating directions. I inked only about 3/4 of the stem for the flower so I could fit more blooms on the paper.
2) Round corner of card base
3) Using Chocolate Chip ink, stamp branch and flowers on Whipser White.
4) Cut mat to fit the Whisper White panel in Chocolate Chip. Round corners of both pieces.
5) Using blender pen and ink pads, color in flowers as desired, leaving pale or white spots on the blossoms for highlights.
6) Use Pretty In Pink marker to add darker shades on the petals. Because your paper will still have the liquid from the blender pen on it, you will get a nice soft line from the marker.
7) Use 2 way Glue Pen on the lightest part of your petals, and cover with Dazzling Diamonds glitter; shake off excess.
8) After adhering the Whisper White and Chocolate Chip layers together, wrap with Taffeta Ribbon. Tie a knot, trim the ends, and wrap a Rhinestone Brad around the knot.
9) Use a Pretty In Pink scrap and punch a scallop border on it. Adhere to the back of the Chocolate Chip and White panel.
10) Adhere panel to front of card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
11) Use die cut system to make a tag
12) Stamp sentiment on tag in Chocolate Chip Ink.
13) Use paper piercer, pierce edges of tag
14) Adhere tag to front of card.