The Silhouette Technique is one that is delicate, elegant, and classic. It’s monochromatic scheme can be great for wedding cards, anniversary cards, or any general all occasion card!
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650)
Accessories: Top Note Die (113463), Big Shot (113439), variety of other punches and Big Shot Dies, 2 way glue pen (100425), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023)
1. Begin by cutting your Very Vanilla cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”.
2. Score and fold at center to create your card base.
3. Use the Big Shot and the TopNote die to create the negative space on the front side of your card.
4. Use a variety of punches and dies to create a scene inside the negative space. Be sure to overlap all the pieces so they can be attached together.
5. Adhere punches and die-cuts to each other and to the card base with 2 Way Glue Pen.
6. Add additional 2 Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter as desired to complete the effect.
Stamp Sets: You’re A Gem (122268 WM) (122270 CM)
Paper: Marina Mist (119682), Rose Red (102544), Very Vanilla (101650), Subtles Collection Paper Stack (117152)
Ink: Rose Red (101778), Marina Mist (119668)
Other: Big Shot (#113439), Fun Flowers Die (#121812), Top Note Die (#113463), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275) , Large Oval Punch (#119885), Regal Buttons (#119744), Stamping Sponges (#101610), Springtime Vintage Fabric (121817), 1/8” Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon (#119257), Fabric Glue, Fabric stabilizer
1. Run the card base through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.
2. Run the DSP through the Big Shot with the Top Note die.
3. Punch the strip of the Rose Red card stock with the Dotted Scallop ribbon punch. Affix the punched Rose Red piece of card stock to the center of the Top Note die. Trim the ends. Mount to the card base.
4. Stamp the word “Enjoy” in Rose Red ink on to the Very Vanilla card stock. Punch out with the large oval punch. Sponge the edges with Marina Mist ink. Mount to the lower right corner of the Top Note Die shape.
5. Iron fabric to stabilizer (before cutting) or spray with fabric stiffener (after cutting) to the Spring Vintage fabric. Run through the Big Shot with the Fun Flowers die. Pinch a fold in the center of each flower and glue with Fabric glue. Let dry. Stack the flower layers together and glue with the fabric glue. Thread the Marina Mist ribbon through the center of the button and glue to the center of the flower. Glue the flower to the upper left corner of the Top Note die shape. I used Fabric glue.
STAMPS: Artistic Etchings (120573), Four Frames (123442)
INK: Crumb Cake (121030), Craft White (101731), Early Espresso (119670)
CARDSTOCK: 12 x 12 Crumb Cake (124274), 12 x 12 Textured Early Espresso (121078), Early Espresso (119686), Very Vanilla (101650)
ACCESSORIES: Modern Label Punch (119849), Word Window Punch(119857), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon (122332), Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (119959), Basic Pearls (119247), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294), Paper Cutter (104152),
1. Stamp the large circle motif in Crumb Cake ink, stamping off the 12×12 Crumb Cake cardstock, down the left and right hand sides and then approximately a couple of inches in from the left hand stamped images. Use Craft White ink to stamp the filler motif in between the circles.
2. Cut 2”x 12” from Textured Early Espresso cardstock. Punch with the Scallop Trim Border along each long edge. Run Sticky Strip along the centre and randomly pleat/scrunch Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon along it before securing the ends on the reverse. Wrap Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon over the top of the pleated Seam Binding and secure on the reverse with Sticky Strip. Use SNAIL to attach the layers to the top of the stamped page.
3. Main photo: Attach 6” x 4” photo to 6-1/4” x 4-1/4” Very Vanilla cardstock mat, then 6-1/2” x 4-1/2” Early Espresso mat and attach with SNAIL centrally between the circles on the right hand side of the page. Stamp the Eiffel Tower image in Early Espresso ink onto Crumb Cake card and cut out with a very tiny margin. Pop up on dimensionals in the lower left hand corner.
4. Main Title: Cut 4-1/2” x 2” from Textured Early Espresso cardstock and attach with SNAIL to the page, below the Main Photo. Stamp the flourish frame in Early Espresso ink onto Crumb Cake card and punch out with the Modern Label. Attach with SNAIL to the centre of the Title panel. Stamp the Amour sentiment with Early Espresso ink onto Very Vanilla card and punch out with the Word Window. Attach with SNAIL to the centre of the frame. Add three sizes of Basic Pearls on either side of the frame, spacing them evenly.
5. Wallet Sized photos: Attach 2-3/4” x 1-3/4” photo to 3” x 2” Very Vanilla cardstock mat, then 3-1/4” x 2-1/4” Early Espresso mat. Repeat two more times. Attach the photos with SNAIL in between the circles on the left hand side of the page, arranging them slanted in opposite directions as shown in the photo.
corner. Here’s a quick and easy gift to make for your favorite teacher and welcome in a new year of learning.
STAMPS: Apple Builder Wheel (123230); Day of Gratitude (120835 or 121148); Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
INK: Wild Wasabi (109014); Cherry Cobbler (119669)
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake (120953); Cherry Cobbler (119685); Whisper White (100730); Wild Wasabi (108641)
ACCESSORIES: Early Espresso 1/8” Taffetta Ribbon (119959); Small oval punch (120908); 1 3/4” circle punch (119850); Sticky Strip adhesive (104294); Glue Dots (103683); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. Cut two pieces of Crumb Cake card stock: one at 8” x 2 1/4” and the other at 5 1/2” x 2
1/4” (see pattern).
2. Score card stock so there is a 1/4” border around the two long sides and ONE short side (end) of each piece and crease on score lines. (see pattern)
3. Attach sticky strip to INSIDE of the three sides of the smaller piece of card stock. This piece is the front of the pencil box and will go OVER and cover the scored sides of the back piece.
4. If you desire to stamp directly onto the box pieces, do so before the box is assembled. Otherwise, attach the two pieces to create a box. Set aside.
5. Next, stamp TWO strips of the Apple Builder Wheel image onto Whisper White card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink. Trim the strips and wrap each around pencil box as shown.
6. Create an apple by punching a 1 3/4” circle from Cherry Cobbler card stock (scraps work great for this!). Trim out just a bit from two opposite sides to make it look like the contour of an apple.
7. Stamp the stem leaves on Wild Wasabi card stock using the stem stamp from Day of Gratitude stamp set and Wild Wasabi ink. Cut out two leaves and attach to the back of the apple top using a glue dot.
8. Use a scrap piece of Early Espresso 1/8” Taffetta ribbon for the stem and attach using a glue dot.
9. Stamp “Just for You” sentiment from the Teeny Tiiny Wishes stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink onto
Whisper White card stock. Punch out with small oval punch and attach to apple front. Use
dimentionals to attach to front of pencil box.
10.Add pencils and your gift is complete!