Your Creative Connection: Shades of Black & White Sympathy Card
It’s time for another edition of Your Creative Connection with a theme of “Shades of Black and White”. A group of demonstrators from around the world all create a project around a theme on the 2nd and the 4th Wednesday of each month. For the “Shades of Black and White” theme, I decided to create a sympathy card.
I used the gorgeous Beautiful Friendship stamp set to create my sympathy card with shades of black and white. See the complete supply list below. The Beautiful Friendship stamp is one of Stampin’ Up’s Distinktive stamps that creates texture with only one stamp. You can see another Distinktive stamp set that I used in this post here.
I’m part of a group of demonstrators making some cards for a local hospital. They had asked for both Get Well and Sympathy cards. I wanted to keep this card easy to make so that I could make multiples easily and quickly. I also made the border around the front of the card a bit larger than normal to have more of the gray show from the back. I love how simple and stunning this card turned out!! What do you think? Do you make black and white cards?
Here are the card measurements:
- Smoky Slate Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Basic Black Layer: 4 7/8″ x 3 3/4″
- Whisper White Layer: 4 5/8″ x 3 5/8″
Here’s the Step-by Step on how to create the card:
- Fold the card base in half.
- On the Whisper White layer, stamp the main image from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set with Smoky Slate ink.
- Stamp the saying from the Peaceful Moments stamps set with Memento Black ink.
- Add leaves and centre of the flower with Basic Gray ink.
- Add some flower sprays with Smoky Slate ink.
- Attach the stamped white piece to the Basic Black layer.
- Attach the layer to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add some silver metallic pearls to the front of the card.
When I make more of these cards for the hospital, I’ll be sure to use my Stamp-a-ratus (see more about this tool here). I’ll set up a couple of plates with the images loaded so that I can make the cards very quickly.
I’ll have another Beautiful Friendship card (in colour) to show this weekend on my blog.
Check out what my fellow demonstrators did with the “Shades of Black and White” theme. And be sure to check out the complete supply list for my Sympathy card below.
Your next stop on the Your Creative Connection tour is the wonder Janneke Dijkstra – de Jong from the Netherlands.
If you get lost in your travels, here’s a complete list of everyone on this tour…
- Jenn Tinline – Canada **YOU ARE HERE**
- Janneke Dijkstra – de Jong – Netherlands
- Sarah Berry – UK
- Vicki Boucher – Australia
- Dawn Olchefske – USA
- Barbara Meyer – Austria
- Kristine McNickle – New Zealand
See the last Creative Connection Tour here.
To shop for any of the items on this card you can visit my Online Store here or see the pictures of the supplies below.