Give your gift cards in style this year with this festive gift card holder. The easy to create pouch holds a sliding insert containing the gift card and plenty of room to write a holiday message on the back if you desire.
STAMPS: Tags 4 You (131820 w, 131823 c)
INK: Gumball Green (126861)
CARDSTOCK: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Gumball Green (126840), Whisper White (100730)
TOOLS: Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack (132181), Big Shot (113439), Circles Collection Framelits Dies (130911), Label Bracket Punch (132153), Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882), Circle Punch 1-3/4” (119850) , Sticky Strip (104294), Glue Dots (103683)
ACCESSORIES: Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon (126848)
- Cut Cherry Cobbler cardstock to measure 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”. Score at 4-1/8” and at 8-1/4”. Fold the cardstock at the 8-1/4” score line to create a narrow flap (fold it inward). Apply Sticky Strip to the flap and to the very bottom of the middle section. Expose Sticky Strip and fold on remaining score line to seal pouch.
- Trim striped patterned paper to measure 4” x 5-3/8” and adhere to pouch front.
- Position circle framelit die (4th die from center) centered half-way over the top portion of the pouch and run through the Big Shot in both directions (forward and backward), to ensure the die will cut through all layers.
- Crop 8 strips (3-1/4” x 3/4″) of Gumball Green cardstock using the Scallop Edge Border Punch; set aside. Trim two pieces of polka dot patterned paper to measure 3-1/4” x 3-1/4” and score both pieces diagonally from one corner to the opposite corner. Adhere Gumball Green scallop strips to the back of the polka dot paper along all edges.
- Fold polka dot paper sections along score line and adhere to either side of pouch with bottom points flush with bottom of pouch. Tie Gumball Green ribbon in a bow and attach to pouch using a Glue Dot.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock to measure 4” x 5” and insert into pouch. Punch two Cherry Cobbler circles using the Circle Punch. With white cardstock still inserted in pouch, adhere one Cherry Cobbler circle to white insert using the die-cut opening as a guide for placement. Remove white cardstock insert and adhere remaining Cherry Cobbler circle to the back of the first one.
- Using Gumball Green ink, stamp “Holly Jolly” image onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Crop image using Label Bracket Punch and adhere to Cherry Cobbler circle. Stamp “to & from” onto Whisper White insert using Gumball Green ink.
- If desired, use a craft knife to create diagonal slits for gift card (use gift card as a guide for proper placement). Optionally, you can reuse the gummy strip that comes on some gift card packaging to secure the gift card to the insert or you can use a 2-Way Glue Pen to apply glue to the insert to hold the card in place (be sure to let the glue dry so it becomes repositionable).
- Add the gift card and write desired messages, then place the insert back into the pouch. Your gift is now ready to give!
Feel like an artist when you create a card using the Sponge and Spritz Technique.
STAMPS: / Trust God (132904 w, 126702c ), Lovely As A Tree (128655 w, 127793 c)
INK: Soft Sky (131181), Crushed Curry (131173), Tangerine Tango (126946), StazOn Jet Black (101406)
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045), Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184)
ACCESSORIES: Stamping Sponges (101610), Stampin’ Spritzer (126185), , Paper Piercing Tool (126189), Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187)
- Use Stamping Sponges to sponge Classic Ink onto Whisper White card stock (3″ x 4 1/4″). Use both pouncing and burnishing to apply the color – the darker the color the more dramatic the final result.
- Stamp tree and greeting images over sponged background using StazOn Jet Black Ink. Allow to dry – you can speed up the process with a Heat Tool.
- Use Stampin’ Spritzer, filled with water, and spritz over sponged, stamped focal piece. Slowly press pump half way down, then spray. This will give you a more spattered application rather than the fine mist you get with traditional use. Apply as much water droplets as you like. Allow water droplets to dry. You can speed up with a Heat Tool.
- Paper Pierce two edges of the two Basic Black mat pieces (2″ x 2 1/2″). Adhere on opposite corners of the focal piece.
- Create card base from Basic Black card stock (5 1/2 x 8 1/2″).
- Adhere piece of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (4″ x 5 1/4″).
- Mount matted focal piece to card front.
December Daily is a popular approach to scrapbooking the holidays – you take a photo a day, and scrapbook it! November’s project is to create the template and have it ready so that you can simply drag & drop your photos from your camera or phone into the appropriate slots next month. At the end of the December, you can share it digitally or print it out and share hard copies with friends and families to remember a month of big and little events. Another fun feature of digital scrapbooking – you have a limitless supply of your favourite Designer Series Papers and they never retire!
PROGRAM: 130646 download or 130647 discs MDS (My Digital Studio)
DIGITAL KIT:120880 Christmas Cocoa II Digital Kit
OTHER: Computer, Printer (optional)
- Download the Christmas Cocoa II Digital kit onto your computer.
- Start a new project, select CUSTOM and choose a 12” x 12” page
- In the Design Centre on the right side, click on CALENDARS and choose “ADD MONTH CALENDAR”, changing the month to “December” and the year to “2013”; select all options – header, lines, and numbers. The calendar grid will be added to your page. SAVE your project.
- Double click on the calendar; change your calendar settings as desired – you can change the font to whatever font you’d like that is installed on your computer – you can also change the colour of the text.
- Click on one of the guide squares at the corner of your calendar template and adjust the sizing as desired. You will want to be sure to have about ½” to spare around the edge of the page. SAVE your project
- To add the photo boxes: In the Design Centre, click on PHOTOS, then click on PHOTO BOX. A photo box will be added to your page. Drag it to one of the calendar blocks, and click on the corner of the box adjust the sizing as desired.
- Once you have a size you like that fills most of the block, SAVE your project. Right click on the box to bring up the menu, or click on the box and then choose “EDIT”, and COPY the photo box.
- Now PASTE the photo box – this will create an identical photo box – and drag & drop it into the next calendar square. Don’t worry about the exact positioning. Repeat this process until you have one week filled. SAVE.
- Select all of the photo boxes – on a windows computer this is done by holding the shift key as you click on each box. Once they’re all selected, either right click or select “ARRANGE” and select “ALIGN” which will bring up a sub-menu. Click on “TOP” and all the top borders of the boxes will become aligned. Next, click on “SPACE EVENLY – HORIZONTAL” and the boxes will be spread out evenly. Then right click or select “ARRANGE” and select “GROUP”, which will bring up a sub-menu, again select “GROUP”. This will mean you can move the photo boxes as one grouping. SAVE your work.
- Right click or select “EDIT” on the photo box group, and select “COPY”. Paste 4 times to create a total of 5 identical photo box rows. Drag and drop each of these groups into the calendar rows until they are all filled.
- Now select all photo box rows, and once again align them – choose either left centre or right and then adjust as needed by dragging and dropping the entire grouping. SAVE your work.
- Last – you can move the photo box layer to the back so that the calendar date shows through (if your photo box is that tall). Right click the photo boxes and select “SEND TO BACK”. SAVE.
- Final steps – decorate! In the Design Centre, select “Background Papers” and then “Designer Series Paper” which will bring up a box showing you all your Designer Series Paper. Click on a paper, then “OK” and it will be dropped into your project. Bonus – change it as many times as you like until you get the look you want.
- SAVE your work. You are now ready for your December Daily Photo scrapbooking – simply upload your digital photos to your computer, then open up MDS and drag and drop your photo into the photo boxes.
No need to head out to the forest. Just pull out some Designer Series Paper and circle dies or Framelits to make these quick, adorable folded trees. Make them as large or small as you like.
ACCESSORIES: Designer Series Paper of your choice 4″ x 4″, Big Shot (113439), Big Shot Magnetic Platform (130658), Framelits Circle Collection (130911), Bone Folder (102300), Stampin’ Timmer (126889), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals(104430)
1. Using Framelits, cut circle from Designer Series paper. I used 3-3/4″ for this tutorial.
2. Cut Circle in half. Fold first to make center easier to find.
3. Mark half way point on straight edge with a pen or pencil. See Picture
4. Folds (refer to picture below:
a. Fold 1 – Bring one tip to center point marked in Step 3. Flatten with Bone Folder
b. Fold 2 – Fold the original tip back on itself. Flatten with Bone Folder.
c. Fold 3 – Turn the piece over. Bring the Folded Edge up to the Straight Cut Edge. Flatten with Bone Folder.
5. Secure flaps with Glue Dots at each point.
6. Embellish as desired.
7. The tag shown uses scraps of cardstock ribbon I had on hand. Make it your own!
You won’t believe how fast this cute Christmas card goes together. You can whip out a stack for friends and neighbors in NO TIME!
STAMPS: Sweet Essentials (132085) (W) (126457) (C)
INK: Cherry Cobbler (126966)
CARD STOCK: Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack (132181), Whisper White (100730), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Gumball Green (126840)
ACCESSORIES: Season of Style Designer Washi Tape (132155), Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), Paper Snips (103579), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
1. Cut Cardstock. Gumball Green 8 1/2″ x 5″1/2, Cherry Cobbler 5 1/4″ x 4″, Whisper White 5″ x 3 3/4″
2. Cut Designer Series Paper. 4 1/4″ x 3″ and then cut in half on the diagonal.
3. Adhere Designer Series Paper to Whisper White Card Stock.
4. Layer Washi Tape above Designer Series Paper and trim off excess tape.
5. Stamp Sentiment with Cherry Cobbler ink.
6. Adhere layers to card base (see photo).
Faux watercolor is easy to create with 2-Step Stamps. Using Stampin’ Write color markers to mix colors on a stamp gives the image a watercolor effect.
STAMPS: Gently Falling (128430 w, 123804 c), Gorgeous Grunge (130514 w, 130517 c), Lacy and Lovely (130025 w, 122887 c)
INK: Early Espresso (126974), Crumb Cake (126975), Baked Brown Sugar (131174)
CARDSTOCK Paper: Chocolate Chip (102128), Soft Sky (131203), Baked Brown Sugar (131296), Very Vanilla (101650)
ACCESSORIES: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184)Candy Dots-Brights (130931), 1-1/4” Burlap Ribbon (132140), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin Write Markers: 2013-2015 In-Colors (131260), Pumpkin Pie (105115), Cajun Craze (131262), Big Shot (113439), Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Sticky Strip (104294), Paper Piercing Tool (126189) , Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199), Festive Paper Piercing Pack(127857), Stamping Sponges (101610)
- Cut Chocolate Chip card stock 4-1/4” x 11” – score at 5-1/2”
- Cut Sweater Weather DSP – 3-3/4” x 5”
- Cut Soft Sky – 3’ x 3” – Cut using Big Shot and 3nd largest Window Frames Collection Framelit
- Using Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat and the template from the Festive Paper Piercing Pack, pierce Soft Sky card stock
- Cut Very Vanilla – 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” – Cut using Big Shot and 2nd largest Window Frames Collection Framelit
- Ink line stamp and the small dots stamp from Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with Early Espresso, stamp off once and stamp on Very Vanilla from step 5. Sponge edges with Crumb Cake ink.
- Cut 4-1/2” Burlap Ribbon and trim flag points at one end.
- Using the Baked Brown Sugar Marker, ink solid leaf stamp from the Gently Falling stamp set using a dabbing/swiping motion.
- Using the Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze markers, continue to dab and swipe the stamp filling in the entire stamp, overlapping the colors. Stamp on Very Vanilla card stock.
- Ink the outline leaf stamp with Early Espresso and stamp over the solid leaf stamped in step 9. The outline does not have to fit around the solid stamp. This gives the appearance of the Faux Watercolor effect. Fussy cut the leaf – does not have to be cut on the outline.
- Stamp the acorn solid stamp with Baked Brown Sugar ink and the outline with Early Espresso ink and fussy cut.
- Ink the Thank You stamp from the Lacy and Lovely stamp set with Early Espresso and stamp on Baked Brown Sugar card stock. Cut out and cut a flag in one end.
- Assemble card – layer DSP on Chocolate Chip base, attach Burlap ribbon to the Sweater Weather DSP with Sticky Strip, layer the Very Vanilla onto the Soft Sky card stock with Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, layer on Burlap ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals, layer cut out leaf at an angle on the Very Vanilla.
- Attach the sentiment at the bottom of the card and the acorn on the left end.
- Tie a double bow with the Linen thread and attach to leaf with Glue Dots and center a Pumpkin Pie Candy Dot on the Linen Thread.
- Send the card in the mail to thank someone.
Make this square card using the emboss resist technique. The rich colors create a stunning effect.
STAMPS: Secret Garden (131940 w, 129114 c); Blooming With Kindness (131961 w, 126422 c)
INK: Cajun Craze (126965) ; Crushed Curry (131173); Early Espresso (126974); VersaMark (102283)
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla (101650); Early Espresso (119686); Crumb Cake (120953); Crushed Curry (131199)
ACCESSORIES: Sponges (101610), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), 1-1/4” Burlap (132140) ; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Basic Pearls (119247), Heat Tool (129053) ; Clear Embossing Powder (109130); Embossing Buddy (103083); Glue Dots (103683)
OTHER: Copy or computer paper
- Cut Early Espresso card stock at 5” x 10” and score at 5”. This card will measure 5” x 5”.
- Cut Crumb Cake card stock at 4-1/4” x 4-1/4”; Sponge edges with Early Espresso ink.
- Cut Very Vanilla card stock at 4” x 4”. Rub Embossing Buddy over card stock to remove static. Stamp greeting in the middle with Cajun Craze ink.
- Place a piece of copy paper over top section of sentiment and stamp flower image randomly with VersaMark. Place copy paper over bottom section of sentiment and continue to stamp flowers randomly with VersaMark.
- Pour Clear Embossing Powder over flowers and shake off excess. Emboss with heat tool.
- Placing copy paper to cover sentiment in the middle, sponge embossed flower images with Cajun Craze ink, then Early Espresso, and then a little of Crushed Curry ink. Wipe off excess ink with paper towel.
- Place pearls on center of each embossed flower.
- Punch 2 flowers from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack from Crushed Curry card stock and adhere to both sides of sentiment with Glue Dots. Adhere a pearl in the center of flower.
- Attach a 5” Burlap piece to card base; adhere stamped cardstock onto Crumb Cake card stock. Adhere layer onto card base with 5 Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere 4-3/4” x 4-3/4” Very Vanilla card stock to inside of card base.
Spending time with those you love during the changing of Seasons, the changing of the leaves on our trees has me taking a spin on the normal scrapbook! The New This and That Smash Book is a fun way to change up the normal book for a quick and coordinated scrapbooking moment. These memories are fleeting… capture them when you can!
STAMPS: Regarding Dahlias stamp set (130324)
INK:Calypso Coral stamp pad (126983)
ACCESSORIES: Epic Day This and That Journal (131268), Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers (131271), Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape (131269),
Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker (119677), Naturals Designer Buttons (127554), Glue Dots (103683)
- Stamp the Dahlia from Regarding Dahlias stamp set in Calypso Coral ink.
- Stamp the image on the corner of the Epic Day This and That Journal.
- Using the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker and color in the leaves without lines for a multi-tonal look.
- Adhere the Photo and leaves to the pages with the Epic Day This and That Washi Tape.
- Stamp the ‘Hello, You’ from the Regarding Dahlias stamp set with Calypso Coral ink near the photo, the coordinated Washi Tape make for a coordinated, polished look.
- Layer the Naturals Designer Buttons with Glue Dots and apply on opposing corners, with Glue Dots, so they do not ‘meet’ but leave an equal spacing.
- Apply the Epic Day This and That Desinger Stickers to the picture and the edge of the page… they are designed to coordinate so you can’t go wrong!!
- You are DONE! Quick and fun to do, this page is a great joint or solo quick project that Celebrates FALL and those you love!! The New Journaling with our Epic Day This and That Journal (smash book) is a fun way to capture a season or occasion!
Have some cute Halloween photos you can’t wait to scrapbook? Try this page idea to make your digital scrapbooking a breeze. Use a large Halloween paper design, add your photos and journaling, a cute embellishment or two and the page is done!
My Digital Studio #130646 (download) or #136047 disc software
- Create new 12×12 scrapbook page in My Digital Studio.
- Fill entire page using the Frightful Sight designer series paper.
- Add three photo boxes and fill with three different Halloween photos. Add a Basic Black frame to each photo box.
- Choose the1.25 Square Punch, fill with Whisper White. Make each square 1/4” larger than each photo on your page and add as a bottom layer.
- Add text box for Page Title and type title.
- Choose the 1.25 Square Punch, fill with Cajun Craze. Make this square 1/4” larger than page title square and add as a layer under title.
- Choose 1.25 Square Punch, fill with Basic Black. Make this square 1/4” larger than the Cajun Craze layer under the page title and add as a bottom layer.
- Add text box for journaling and type story. Color text Whisper White.
- Choose the 1.25 Square Punch, fill with Basic Black. Make this layer 1/4” larger than journaling box, and add as a layer under.
- Choose 1.25 Square Punch, fill with Whisper White. Make this square 1/4” larger than the Basic Black layer under the page title and add as a bottom layer.
- Add Holiday Blitz pumpkin face to journal box and color white to complete page.