STAMPS: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
INK: Marina Mist Classic Ink Pad (119668), Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad (100908)
CARDSTOCK: Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128), Marina Mist Card Stock (119682), Whisper White Card Stock (100730), Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
ACCESSORIES: Owl Builder Punch (118074), Bird Builder Punch (117191), Heart to Heart Punch (119881), Word Window Punch (119857), Modern Label Punch (119849), 2 1/2″ Circle Punch (120906), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL adhesive (104332), 2-way Glue Pen (100425), Sponge Daubers (102892), Paper Snips (103579)
2. Cut a piece of Marina Mist Card Stock 3 3/4″ x 5″.
3. Punch a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock with the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch.
4. Punch a large scrap of Chocolate Chip Card Stock with the Owl Builder Punch (2 times), the Modern Label Punch and the branch from the Bird Builder Punch (2 times).
5. Punch a scrap of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock with the small heart from the Heart to Heart Punch (3 times).
6. Stamp sentiment onto a scrap of Marina Mist Card Stock and punch with Word Widow Punch.
7. Apply Marina Mist ink to the edges of the moon with a Sponge Dauber.
8. Adhere moon to card base.
9. Cut the leaves off of one of the branch punches and adhere both branches to the card base as one long branch using 2-way glue pen.
10. Attach both owls to the branch/card base making sure to cover the branch seam with an owl foot.
11. Layer sentiment and attach to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
12. Attach hearts to card base.
13. Attach card base to card.
creating Valentines for the special people in your life. Hereʼs an easy idea to help you
Stamps: Take It To Heart (125520 – W; 125522 – C); Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Pretty In PInk (101301); Basic Gray(109120)
Card Stock: Naturals White (102316) 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; 3 3/4” square; Scraps to create
impressed squares and sentiment; Pretty In Pink (100459) 4” square; 2 1/4” x 3/4” for
1/2” Scallop Dots Pretty In PInk Ribbon (124141)
Stampinʼ Dimensionals (104430)
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Full Heart Punch (119883)
Big Shot (113439)
Texture Impressions Embossing Folders: Adorning Accents (125601); Stripes (123128);
Houndstooth (123134); Square Lattice (119976); Perfect Polka Dots (117335); Elegant
Lines (119277); Petals-a-Plenty (116824); Vintage Wallpaper (120175); Snow Burst
Optional: Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Score and fold the 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” piece of Naturals White card stock to create your card base.
- Run each of the scrap pieces of Naturals White card stock through the Big Shot, using a different embossing folder for each piece. Use the 1 1/4” square punch to create a square of each embossed design. (Or, if you prefer, you can first punch the squares and then run them through the Big Shot. I created a larger piece of textured card stock that allows me to make more than one card.)
- Attach the nine embossed, punched squares onto the solid square of the 3 3/4” square of Naturals White card stock. Edges of each smaller square should meet up tightly but not overlap.
- Attach the 3 3/4” card stock piece from the last step onto the 4” square piece of Pretty in Pink card stock.
- Next, apply adhesive on the back of each edge of the Pretty in Pink card stock square, lay the Pretty in Pink Scalloped Dots ribbon across the front and wrap the ends to the back, using the adhesive around the edges to secure the ends. Adhere this piece to the card front.
- Take the heart image from the Take It To Heart stamp set and, using Pretty In Pink ink, stamp it onto a scrap piece of Naturals White card stock, using the Full Heart punch to punch out the image.
- Use the Happy Valentineʼs Day sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. Ink it with Basic Gray ink, and stamp off ONE time before stamping on the scrap piece of Naturals White card stock. Trim to fit on the Pretty in Pink matte card stock.
- Use a sponge and Pretty in Pink ink, sponge the edges of both the punched heart image and the stamped sentiment piece.
- Attach the sentiment piece to the 2 1/4” x 3/4” piece of Pretty In Pink card stock. Use Stampinʼ Dimensionals on the back of both the sentiment and heart, then attach to card front.
Technique – Bubbles Background
STAMPS: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734)
INK: StaZon Jet Black Ink Pad (11406), Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (105222), Island Indigo Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (122932), Versamark (102283).
CARDSTOCK: Perfect Plum (101889), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730).
ACCESSORIES: SNAIL Adhesive (104332).
OTHER: Bubbles mix from a discount store, drinking straws, shallow bowls or containers with lids, post-it notes for masking.
1. Cut a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock to measure 6” x 8” and score and fold in half to make a card base to measure 6” x 4”. Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to measure 5 ¾” x 3 ¾”. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to measure 5 ½” x 3 ½”.
2. To make the background you need some bubbles mix (yes, the stuff you use to blow bubbles for your kids!), a Re-inker, a straw, and a bowl, cup or a plastic container with a lid. Pour some bubbles mix into your bowl or cup. Add 10 – 15 drops of Elegant Eggplant Re-inker. Mix well with the straw so that the colour is even through the bubbles. Then, blow through the straw to form bubbles that will rise above your cup. Take your piece of Whisper White cardstock and lightly touch the surface of the cardstock to the bubbles. Move the card around and repeat so that there are bubbles on different areas of the card. Gently pop any bubbles that sit on your card using a paper towel. Put aside to dry or use your Heat Tool.
3. Pour some bubbles mix into another bowl or cup. Add 10 – 15 drops of Island Indigo Re-inker. Mix well. Blow through another clean straw to form bubbles. Now take your piece of Whisper White cardstock that you used earlier and touch the remaining white areas to the Indigo bubbles, and repeat until there is no white space left on the card. Put aside to dry.
4. Stamp the flower images once each onto a post-it note and cut out to make masks. I used StaZon as I was going to use it any way on the card, but you could use any colour as it you are only creating a mask.
5. Stamp the first flower onto the bubble background piece using StaZon. Put the post-it note mask over the flower you just stamped, and then stamp another flower next to it, overlapping it slightly. Refer to the picture for the flower arrangement. Keep masking and stamping flowers until you are happy with the arrangement. Stamp some stems as well.
6. Stamp the greeting in StaZon.
7. Attach the stamped panel to the Basic Black piece of cardstock, then to your Perfect Plum card base using SNAIL.
This technique can be varied by using different colours and stamps to suit the occasion. Have fun!
Ribbon Cello Treat
Stamps: Sweet Cake (wood: 125490, clear: 125492)
Paper: Calypso Coral (122925), Lucky Limeade (122926), and Whisper White (100730) card stock; 4”x6” cello bag (102757)
Ink: Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Pad (122939)
Accessories: Sweet Shop stickers (125584); Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (125595); Adoring Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601)
1. Apply 2 rows of stickers to the bottom on the 4” x 6” cello bag.
2. Fold a quarter-sheet of Calypso Coral card stock in half and emboss bottom edge with the Adoring Accents (scallop-shape) embossing folder. Line up the matching Edgelits die and cut the scallop shape. Cut a matching strip of Whisper White card stock and adhere underneath for a contrasting look.
3. Stamp “Happy Birthday” on a small piece of Whisper White card stock with Calypso Coral ink and add another row of stickers to the bottom. Layer onto Lucky Limeade card stock. Adhere to folded topper.
4. Insert gift into cello bag and attach topper with double-sided tape.
Scrapbook Page using Sale-a-Bration products
Paper: Neutrals Assortment 12″ x 12″ Textured Card Stock (121078), Very Vanilla 8-1/2″ x 11″ Smooth Card Stock (101650), Pool Party 8-1/2″ x 11″ Smooth Card Stock (122924), Peach Parfait 8-1/2″ x 11″ Smooth Card Stock (119794), Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (SAB item – 126154)
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (115657)
Tools: Tabletop Paper Cutter (106959), Word Window Punch (119857), 1″ Circle Punch (119868), 3/16″ Corner Punch (119871), Circle Scissor Plus Glass Mat (112531), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (125599), Labels Collection Framelits Dies (125598), Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (125595), Alphabet Simple Letters Bigz Dies (115960), Craft Scissors (108360), Mat Pack (105826), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631)
1. Cut two patterns of Designer Series Paper into 3″ x 6″ strips. Cut a third into a 3″ x 3-1/2″ strip and a 3″ x 1-1/4″. Use the second largest die from the Labels Collection Framelits dies to cut the tops and bottoms of these strips (as shown in the photo) with the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine. For the right-most strip fold the bottom part 2-1/2″ so that the entire strip fits into the center of the die (otherwise you will be cutting the strip at the top and bottom instead of just the top. Also use the 3/16″ Corner Punch to round the upper left hand corner of the middle strip.
2. Cut another pattern of Designer Series Paper into a 5-1/2″ x 1″ strip. Run this through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine with the scalloped edgelit from the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies. Adhere this piece (and the pieces from Step 1) onto the Soft Suede Textured Card Stock. TIP: I adhere EVERYTHING on a scrapbook page with Dotto Repositionable Adhesive so that I can change anything I need to – I’ve been doing this for over 10 years and have never had a scrapbook page fall apart.
3. Cut a circle out of Pool Party Designer Series Paper with the Circle Scissor Plus on the 4-1/4″ setting. Adhere this onto the page and bend the straight strips of Basic Pearls to cover the edge.
4. Cut your photos into the 4″ x 3″, 2″ x 3″, and 2″ x 2″ sizes shown in the photo. Cut the Peach Parfait to 5-3/16″ x 2-1/8″ to mat the smaller two pictures. Adhere.
5. Using the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, die cut the three smallest hearts from the Labels Collection Framelits Dies and the Simple Letters Alphabet Dies from the Designer Series Paper. Adhere the smallest heart onto a 1″ Pool Party circle. Adhere the largest heart straight to the page (this should cover up the fold we made in step 1). Tie a small ribbon around the letter “o” with the 1/8″ Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack. Loop the same ribbon back and forth then use a small piece to tie off the center and adhere with a glue dot to the medium heart. Cover up the center by poking a 3/8″ Printed Designer Brad (from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack) through the center. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the title, smallest heart and the medium sized heart.
6. Using the Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the date stamp from Notes & Details onto a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock then punch out with the Word Window Punch. Adhere. Next, Stamp the journaling lines from Notes & Details onto a 2-11/16″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock. Adhere this with Stampin’ Dimensionals after you write your journaling on this piece (maybe with the fine tip of a Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker!)
7. Adhere Basic Pearls and Large Pearl Basic Jewels for more decoration.
1) It is super easy. This page takes just minutes to make. And you can re-arrange items with a click of a button.
2) You can make the photo any size you want. With a cute photo like this, you can, and want to make it take up the whole page.
3) I never have to worry about matching colours. For this page, I pulled the colours from the photo to match the background, mats and font colours
4) I can layer stamps over top of a photo without worrying about affecting the photo.
5) Accents pieces like the banner and the Merry Christmas are super easy to use and embellishments, simply by taking the pre-done images from kits.
Digital Stamps: Sweet Details alphabet and Numbers, Winter Post
Digital Embellishments: Basic Pearls and Rhinestones, Christmas Cocoa II Designer Kit, Home for the Holidays Designer Kit Embellishments
Digital Punches: Circle, Star
1. Open My Digital Studio. Choose a Photobook/pages, then 12 x 12, then create your own.
2. From the Design Centre on the Right, double click on “Photo Box”. Resize the box by dragging the corners or sides to any size you want.
3. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Add Photo”. Find the directory and photo you want, select it and hit ok. Then Drag the photo into the photo box.
4. Click on the photo and add then in design Centre on the right, click on “Mat”. Change the colour of the mat, use the picker to match a colour from your photo. You can also change the size of the mat.
5. Change the background colour to match a colour in the picture.
6. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Background Papers”. Then click on “colour”. Use the Picker to match a colour from your photo.
7. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Stamps”. Then “Add Stamp”. Then find Winter Post and the scroll to find the snowflake. Click on “apply” 3 times and close the window. You can drag these snowflakes to where you want them and resize . You can also change their colour by clicking on one then in the design centre click on “change colour”.
8. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Add Embellishment”. Then scroll to find the Designer kits. You might have to click on the plus sign to open the kits selections. Click on the click on the Home of the Holidays kit and “apply” the banner/flag with gifts on it. Close the window. Move and resize the banner.
9. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Punches”. Then click on “Add Punches”. Click on the circle and apply two times. Close the Window.
10. Click on one of the circles and then click on “colour fill” right hand side. Change the colour using the picker to match the colour of the banner. Move and resize the circle to cover up the green gift in the banner.
11. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Stamps”. Then “Add Stamp”. Then find Sweet details and Alphabet stamp sets and then click on the numbers for “2011” hitting “apply” each time. Close the window and change the colour and size and location of each of these pieces.
12. If desired add a text box with a persons name on it. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Text”, then “add Text”. Type what you want in the box. You can resize it, change the colour and the font. You can also use the rotating box on the right to change the orientation of the text.
13. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Embellishment” and then “Add Embellishment”. Then scroll to find the Designer kits. You might have to click on the plus sign to open the kits selections. Click on the click on the Christmas Cocoa II Designer Kit and “apply” the Merry Christmas Circle. Close the window. Move and resize the image.
14. Change the other circle colour to match a colour in your photo and resize it so that is it will be a mat for your Merry Christmas circle.
15. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Punches”. Then click on “Add Punches”. Click on the Star and “apply”. Close the Window.
16. Resize the punch and rotate it to mat on top of the red star. Change the colour to match something on your page (here I matched the star to the present in the banner).
17. From the Design Centre on the Right, click on “Add Embellishment”. Then click on the Pearls and Rhinestones and find the smallest rhinestone and click apply 3 times. Close the window. Move the rhinestones onto the Merry Christmas logo.
18. On the File menu click on “save”. Then you can click on the “share project” menu and either print it or save it as a jpeg image.