Easy Christmas Ornaments
Then I took them one step further and used my Rhinestone Jewels to personalize the front of the balls. On our family set below, I made one for Jenn, Tom, Cass, Duncan and the cats, Shadow and Oreo. I'm giving a set to each of my family members this year.
To make these balls:
- Buy clear ornament balls from a local craft store.
- Then put in 25 drops of a Stampin' Up! reinker of any colour.
- Roll the reinker around to completely coat the inside of the glass. Then allow the excess to drain out.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of dazzling diamonds glitter and shake the ball (cover the hole with your finger or saran wrap first). Or use a matching coloured glitter (Stampin' Up has various colours) for a very vibrant and glittery ornament. Tap out the excess glitter and re-use.
- Voila, a simple and gorgeous project!
- Use Pledge Future floor wax instead of a re-inker. It is clear liquid so you have to use a coloured glitter inside.
- Or try various combinations. For the "T" ball below, I used a green reinker and then a mix of 3 coloured glitters. It has a very prismatic effect in person.
- You could also use stickers on the outside of the ball, or sticky cut letters (covered in a contrasting glitter), initials, names, dates or even a little picture of someone. Have fun!