I love the look of sepia toned photos and I was surprised at how easy it was to create it with stamping! Using some basic watercoloring techniques you can create this beautiful monochromatic look!
Stamps: Harvest Blessings (w-126450, c-126452)
Ink: Early Espresso (126974), Early Espresso Refill (119789), Whisper White Craft Refill (101780)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (120953), Early Espresso (119686), Naturals White (102316)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Honeycomb Embossing Folder (129378), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Aqua Painter (103954)
1. Cut your cardstock to the following dimensions:
Crumb Cake: 8.5” x 5.5”, 3” x 4”
Early Espresso: 3.25” x 4.25”
Naturals White: 5.25” x 4”
2. Fold 8.5” x 5.5” Crumb Cake cardstock in half for card base.
3. Stamp image on 3” x 4” Crumb Cake cardstock in Early Espresso ink.
4. On a paper plate or a paint palette, place a drop of Whisper White reinker and a drop of Early espresso reinker.
5. Using the Aqua Painter, and the smallest bit of water, pick up some of the Whisper White ink. Paint onto the stamped image where you would see highlights. You may have to layer on several layers of the ink as it dries a little lighter than when first applied. Use less water for a more opaque look (and the lightest highlights)
6. Clean off the Aqua Painter. Repeat with the Early Espresso ink applying it where the darkest areas would be.
7. Continue to add Whisper White and Early Espresso until you are satisfied with the shading.
8. Run the Naturals White cardstock through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.
9. Wrap Linen Thread around the embossed cardstock three times and secure with SNAIL Adhesive.
10. Attach Naturals White cardstock to card base with SNAIL Adhesive.
11. Layer Crumb Cake and Early Espresso together with SNAIL Adhesive.
12. Attach image to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Patterned Occasions stamp set (W 129621; C 129624) Sale-A-Bration set
Island Indigo (126986)
Pool Party (122924)
Island Indigo (122923)
Whisper White (100730)
Sycamore Street Designer Paper (127540) Sale-A-Bration
Big Shot (113439)
Petite Pocket Bigz XL (123131)
Vine Street embossing folder (130492) Sale-A-Bration
Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack (130812) Sale-A-Bration
Extra Large Oval Punch (119859)
Scallop Oval Punch (119856)
3/16” Corner Round Punch (119871)
Dazzling Details (124117)
Sticky Strip (104294)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Stamping Sponges (101610)
Glue Dots (103683)
1. Cut a sheet of the Pool Party card stock to 4 1/4” x 11” and use the Big Shot and Petite Pocket
Bigz die to cut out the pocket. Cut off the flap.
2. Use a scrap piece of Sycamore Street Designer Paper to cut just a pocket flap (just a bit
beyond where the edge folds onto the back of the pocket).
3. Use the Big Shot and Vine Street embossing folder to emboss the front of the Petite Pocket
piece. Apply Sticky Strip to the back of the embossed piece and attach the pocket together.
4. Fold the Designer Paper flap along the scored line and apply Sticky Strip to the part that will
be attached to the back of the pocket. Attach to the pocket.
5. Cut a piece of Designer Paper 1 1/2” x 5 1/2”. Wrap this band around the pocket and attach in
6. Stamp the cupcake image from the Patterned Occasions stamp set onto Whisper White card
stock using Island Indigo ink. Punch the image out using the Scallop Oval Punch (heart from
the candle should be lined up just under the top most scallop).
7. Punch a Extra Large Oval shape from Island Indigo card stock. Attach the scallop oval onto
the Extra Large Oval.
8. Cut a 1 3/4” x 2 1/2” rectangle from Pool Party card stock. Round the corners using the 3/16”
corner punch. Sponge the edges with Island Indigo ink. Attach the oval piece from step 7
onto the rectangle. Place Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.
9. It is now time to place the piece from step 8 onto the front of the pocket. IT NEEDS TO BE
PLACED SUCH THAT THE STAMPED IMAGE PIECE HOLDS THE DESIGNER PAPER
FLAP CLOSED WHEN FLAP IS FOLDED DOWN. Attach to front of pocket.
10.Create a bow using Pool Party ribbon from the Sycamore Street ribbon and button pack.
11.Your project is done!
STAMPS: Feeling Sentimental (129627 w, 129630 c)*
INK: Versamark (103083), Crumb Cake (126975), Early Espresso (126974)
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla (101650), Early Espresso (119686), Glossy White (102599)
ACCESSORIES: Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Crumb Cake Marker (120967), First Edition Speciality Designer Series paper (121878), Heat Tool (129053), Clear Emboss Powder (109130) Stamping Sponges (101610), Paper Snips (103579), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
*Sale-a-bration 2013 Stamp Set
1. Cutting Instructions:
Early Espresso: 8 x 5.5”
Very Vanilla: 5.25 x 4”
Early Espresso: 2.75 x 2.75”
Glossy: 2.5 x 2.5”
Designer Paper: 4.5 x 1”
2. Sponge Crumb Cake ink over the glossy cardstock. Put it aside to dry (this is very important!)
3. Stamp the saying with Early Espresso ink on the bottom middle of the vanilla piece of cardstock.
4. Sponge the edge of the Vanilla cardstock and the Designer Paper with Crumb Cake ink.
5. Notch the Designer Paper with your paper snips to form a flag type shape at each end.
6. Attach the Vanilla cardstock to the card base. Add the designer paper to the front.
7. Use your spritzer tool, with the Crumb Cake marker, to spritz some colour flecks onto to the front of the card.
8. On your piece of glossy cardstock, stamp the image with your Versamark ink and sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
9. Sponge Early Espresso ink over top of your image. Make it quite dark.
10. Use a tissue to rub off any excess ink. The embossed image with “resist” the ink and show the image in a “Crumb Cake” colour!
11. Attach to Early Espresso Mat and use dimensionals to attach to front of card.
Everything Easter Candy Baskets and Placecards
DIGITAL: MDS 2+ Download (130646), Everything Easter Ensemble digital download (129363)
PAPER: Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock (100730)
ACCESSORIES: Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), 3/16” Brads – Regal Collection (119737), Bone Folder (102300), Sticky Strip (104294), Crop-A-Dile (108362)
1. Purchase and download the Everything Easter Ensemble. When you start up the My Digital Studio software, select Designer Template and then select 11 x 8 ½” Landscape to show all the templates of that size. Select “Everything Easter – 11×8.5 designer template” and click Next three times. Enter the name of your project and then click Finish.
2. After the program builds your project, the first page will be the Place Cards. Click on the text boxes to enter the names – I enlarged the font size to 24 and made them bold.
3. The next three pages each have a candy basket on them, made with different Designer Series Papers. Each has some instructions for cutting & folding superimposed on it. You should click on the basket and either move or delete the instructions so that they don’t show up when printed (it tells you to do this on the page!).
5. Print the pages as desired. Cut the Place cards using our new Stampin’ Trimmer, and then use the built-in scoring blade along the center line to make them fold evenly.
6. Cut out the candy baskets and the handles, and use the bone folder and a straight edge to score along the fold lines. Fold along all the scores.
7. Apply Sticky Strip to the flaps, peel off the cover of the sticky strip of the side of the box and assemble it into a square shape. Then peel off the cover of the Sticky Strip on the bottom flaps, turn the basket upside down, and slip the flaps inside the basket until the bottom lines up with the sides. Then turn it over and rub along the flaps to make the adhesive stick well.
8. Using the Crop-a-dile, punch little holes in the two sides of the baskets where marked, and also on the two ends of the handle strip. Insert a brad in each side to attach the handle.
Fill with your choice of goodies!
Note that there are lots of items included in this Ensemble:
* Décor templates include basket boxes for favors; belly bands perfect for wrapping eggs, silverware, or napkin rings; table tents; oversized 3-D egg centerpiece (simply score in half vertically and attach multiple together)
* Includes Easter invitation photo postcard
* Elements included individually for use on other coordinating projects
*Imagery coordinates with traditional Everybunny Stamp Set
STAMPS: Feel Goods (129681wood/129684 clear), Lacy & Lovely (122885 wood/122887 clear)
INK: Island Indigo (126986), VersaMark (102283), Whisper White Craft ink (101731)
CARD STOCK: Island Indigo (122923), Basic Black (121045), Primrose Petals (126841)
1. Stamp greeting in VersaMark on Basic Black card stock. Liberally sprinkle white embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat with the Heat Tool until completely embossed.
2. Cut out the greeting using the Big Shot Die-cutting Machine and the Window Frames Framelits. Once cut out, sponge the edges with Whisper White Craft ink and sponge around the embossed greeting for the “chalkboard effect”.
3. Cut a piece of Island Indigo (4″ x 3-1/4″). Stamp an image from Lacy & Lovely randomly in Island Indigo ink, and then sponge the edges lightly with Whisper White Craft ink. Tie a piece of Island Indigo ribbon around the left edge, and adhere to the note card base.
4. Adhere greeting about 1/4″ from the right edge of the Island Indigo card stock using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Punch a small heart out of Primrose Petals card stock, embellish with Basic Rhinestones, and adhere to the chalkboard greeting where desired.
Stamps: A Little Greeting (129111) (131104 for the bundle)
Ink: Basic Gray (126981)
Accessories: Boutique Boxes Designer Printed Kit (129306), (131104 – bundle), Sticky Strip (104294), SNAIL (104332)
1. Assemble the box according to the instructions included with the kit. Use a strong adhesive such as Sticky Strip to adhere the box together.
2. To make it easier to assemble the box, fold all the score lines before applying the adhesive.
3. Stamp sentiments in Basic Gray.
4. Assemble using SNAIL & Stampin’ Dimensionals (included in kit). Slip the card inside the box with the gift!!
STAMPS: Every Bunny (122707 clear) – (122705 wood)
INK: Jet Black StãzOn Ink Pad (101406);
CARDSTOCK: Bashful Blue (105120), Daffodil Delight (119683), Pretty In Pink (100459); Melon Mambo (115320), Whisper White (1100730)
ACCESSORIES: Stampin’ Trimmer (126889); SNAIL Adhesive (104332); ⅜” Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon Stitched Satin Ribbon (129292); ⅜” Melon Mambo Striped Organdy Ribbon (129293); 1” x 8” Cellophane Bags (124134); Paper Snips (103579), Subtles Wondercolor Wonder Crayons (119802); Aqua Painter (103954)
Cut the cardstock to the following measurements – These measurements will give you sufficient material for two treats.
• 2 ¼” x 6” Melon Mambo cardstock
• 2 ¼” x 6” Daffodil Delight cardstock
• 2” x 2 ¾” Pretty in Pink cardstock
• 2” x 2 ¾” Bashful Blue cardstock
• 1 ¾” x 2 ½” Whisper White cardstock (2 pieces)
1. Fill your cellophane bags with Easter Smarties or M&Ms
2. Score the Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight cardstock at 3” on the 6” side and fold in half.
3. Using SNAIL, affix the Bashful Blue cardstock to the Daffodil Delight cardstock AND affix the Pretty in Pink to the Melon Mambo cardstock.
4. Stamp the images from the Everybunny stamp set on Whisper White cardstock,
5. Using the Wondercolor Wonder Crayon and the Aqua Painter to color your images.
6. Using the SNAIL, affix the stamped and colored Whisper White pieces of cardstock to each of the two little cards.
7. Punch a hole on the left hand side of each card and using the Organdy Ribbon, attach the little card to the filled cellophane bag and tie with a bow.
Cute, easy, and quick to do… before you know it, you’ll have several done!
Stamps: Word Play (w-121590; c-120651)
Ink: Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (126974), Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad (126975)
Paper: Parker’s Patterns Designer Series Paper * (131021), 12×12 Early Espresso Card Stock (124276), 12×12 Whisper White Card Stock (124302), Crumb Cake Card Stock (121685) and a scrap piece of Real Red Card Stock (106578)
Accessories: Naturals Designer Buttons (127554) and Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (105021)
Tools: 1-¼” Square Punch (119865), Stampin’ Trimmer (129722), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Owl Builder Punch (118074), Stamping Sponges (101610), Paper Snips (103579), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Glue Dots (103683) and Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. Cut the 12×12 White CS to 11×11 with the Stampin’ Trimmer. Adhere the Whisper White CS to the 12 x 12 Early Espresso CS.
2. Cut Crumb Cake CS to 4-¼” x 6-¼” and another piece of Early Espresso CS to 4-½” x 6-½”. Adhere your 4″ x 6″ photo to your Crumb Cake layer and adhere your matted photo to the Early Espresso Layer.
3. Using your 1-¼” Square punch, punch some fish-tails in some of your scrap strips of DSP (or cut strips of DSP) and cut straight and angled lines on others. Cut your strips of paper in various lengths with the Paper Snips. Adhere to your Whisper White CS. (note – the paper strips is in various widths, too)
4. Adhere your Naturals Designer Buttons with Glue Dots at the ends of various DSP strips and randomly on top.
5. Using your Big Shot and Labels collection Framelits, cut out the 3rd smallests on Whisper White CS and the 4th smallest on Early Espresso CS.
6. Stamp your sentiment with Early Espresso on the Whisper White CS and cut top and bottom edges off with your Paper Snips. With your sponge, add some Crumb Cake ink to the edges of your Whisper White CS. Adhere to the Early Espresso Framelit with SNAIL Adhesive.
7. Using Dimensionals adhere the frame lit to the bottom left side of your page and again with Dimensionals adhere the matted photo to the right and centre of your page.
8. Add some more buttons on top of your framelits. Punch out the heart with the Owl Builder Punch out of Real Red CS and adhere over the heart of the sentiment stamp.
9. Write down the details of the photo with the Signo Gel pen.
Stamps – 126590W/126592C Morning Post Alphabet
Paper – 119683 Daffodil Delight, 115316 Rich Razzleberry, 119708 Rose Red, 101650 Whisper White, 126919 Floral District Designer Series Paper
Ink – 126984 Lucky Limeade Classic Pad, 119700 Rose Red Marker
Accessories – 107066 Color Spritzer Tool, 118488 Clear Block I, 118073 Fancy Flower Punch, 119868 1″ Circle Punch, 118402 Scallop Trim Border Punch, 119747 Brights Designer Buttons, 124262 White Baker’s Twin, 103683 Glue Dots
1. Using Clear Block I, line up letters to spell “SPRING” from Morning Post Alphabet (the S and G) will hang over the edge slightly. Ink up letters with Lucky Limeade Ink and stamp along bottom edge of Whisper White card stock (7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″).
2. Using Rose Red Marker and Color Spritzer Tool, spritz Whisper White card stock as heavy or light as you prefer.
3. Cut banner ends in three pieces (1″ x 6″) of Floral District Designer Series Paper. Adhere to Whisper White card stock in a staggered pattern with any extra length hanging over the top edge of Whisper White card stock. Trim off excess.
4. Adhere to Rose Red card stock to 8″ x 8″.
5. Using Scallop Trim Border Punch, punch one side of Daffodil Delight card stock (1″ x 4 1/4″). Adhere to left side of Rich Razzleberry card stock (4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″). Adhere to page.
6. Punch a Rose Red flower using the Fancy Flower Punch. Adhere a 1″ Circle Punch of Daffodil Delight to the center.
7. Tie a length of White Baker’s Twine through the center of a Daffodil Delight Button and adhere to center of flower using Glue Dots. Adhere flower to page using Glue Dots.
My Digital Studio 2+ (disk – 130647/download – 130646)
Digital Downloads: Meant to Be Board Book Designer Template (129018)
Once you’re into the digital book, all you need to do is click on the “Browse” button on the left to find the folder with the photos you want to use. Open it, and then drag and drop your photos right into the photo spots waiting for you. So simple! The designing is all done for you to use as is, although you can certainly add journaling and/or more pictures if you want. I added just a bit of shadow to the photos for a little depth. The photo here features Pages 7 and 8 from the book.
Cardstock: (111352) Baja Breeze, (105118) So Saffron , (111349) Tangerine Tango, (102584) Garden Green
Accessories: (113439) Big Shot , (113475) Standard Cutting Pads, (121812) Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, (126189) Paper Piercing Tool, (126185) Stampin’ Spritzer , (119738) 3/16” Subtles Brads , (130812) Sycamore Street Tangerine Tango Ribbon from SAB brochure
Miscellaneous: small vase, green floral picks, green floral tape, hot glue gun
1. Using the Big Shot and the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, cut 5 of the largest flower out of Baja Breeze cardstock. Cut 5 of the smallest flower out of So Saffron cardstock, and 5 out of Tangerine Tango cardstock.
2. Take the Baja Breeze flowers and mist each one with water using the Stampin’ Spritzer.
3. Stack the five layers together and pierce a center hole using the Paper Piercing Tool.
4. Attach the flowers together using a color coordinated brad placed in this center hole.
5. Using your fingers, scrunch each layer of the flower, beginning with the top layer. When you have it scrunched to your satisfaction, simply allow it to dry.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 with the smaller flowers cut from So Saffron and Tangerine Tango cardstock.
7. Once your flowers have dried, attach each one to a floral pick using a hot glue gun.
8. Using scraps of Garden Green cardstock, cut flower leaves and long blades of grass for filler in the vase.
9. Beginning at the top, near the flower, wrap floral tape around the floral picks, attaching the hand cut leaves with the floral tape as you wrap.
10. Arrange the flowers and hand cut long blades of grass in the small vase.
11. If your vase is a solid, plain color, you can embellish it with coordinating ribbon or a bow.
131395 Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit
126004 Betsy’s Blossom Stamp Set
126860 Midnight Muse Classic Stampin’ Pad
126957 So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad
101055 Crystal Effects
126189 Paper Piercing Tool
Other: hot glue gun and bar pin backing
1. Stamp the large blossom in Midnight Muse on one of the Pool Party Pop-Up Posies cut outs
2. Select 3-5 additional Pop-up Posies and stack with alternating petals to make the flower. Place the stamped on in the top.
3. Use the paper piercing tool to poke a hole in the center and insert a brad from the kit. If you would like to color the brad you and tap it on the So Saffron Ink pad.
4. Coat each layer with Crystal Effects and stack with their petals offset from each other, curling edges to get the look you want. Let Dry
5. Dip in Crystal Effects for the final coat.
6. Use hot glue to adhere the pin backing to the flower.
a. If you want a clean crisp image, instead of the watercolored effect, you can emboss the stamped image with clear embossing powder to seal the ink and prevent it from bleeding when the Crystal Effects is applied.
b. You can place the pin on a silicone sheet to dry and the crystal effects will not adhere to the silicone sheet.
c. Also works great if you incorporate the pin into a card front.
d. Follow the same process for any image. The butterfly punch and other stamped images cut out look great!