I really like the look of the flowers of the Flower Trim (126869) from the Spring Catalogue. I am wondering how to change them to a a different color?
Coloring the flowers on the flower trim is an easy process. One way is to use a sponge dauber (102892) that has been inked with a color of your choice. Rub the dauber over the top of the flower until it is colored as intensity as you wish.
The colors used in this example are Regal Rose (126947) and Daffodil Delight (126944).
A hand-made card is perfect for expressing your sincere appreciation or a thank you. Here’s an idea for a special card of gratitude.
Stamps: (130730-wood, 130733-clear) Oh, Hello
Paper: (129311) Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, (102316)Naturals White, (122926) Lucky Limeade, (121878)First Edition, (122959)Watercolor Paper
Ink: (101406) Jet Black Stazon,(126974) Early Espresso, (126986)Island Indigo, Assorted Stampin’ Write Markers- on this card…(123022)2011-2013 In Colors: Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade, (105106) Certainly Celery, (119677) Daffodil Delight, (119701) Regals Collection- Cajun Craze
Accessories: (121779) Designer Vintage Faceted Buttons, (104199) Linen Thread, (120906) 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, (119859) Extra Large Oval Punch, (103683) Mini Glue Dots, (129399) White Tea Lace Paper Doilies, (101610)Stampin’ Sponges
1. Cut Naturals White at 4 1/4″ x 11″ for card base.
2. Cut designer paper at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front.
3. Stamp the flower three times in Jet Black Stazon on Watercolor Paper.
4. Color each flower with markers. I used the darker colors in the shaded areas indicated on the stamped image and blended in with the lighter colors.
5. Cut out each flower leaving a small border around the edge. Set flowers aside.
6. Punch a 2 1/2″ circle from Lucky Limeade. Lightly sponge around edges with Early Espresso.
7. Stamp chevron print oval in Island Indigo on a small piece of First Edition DSP. Punch center of stamped image with the oval punch and sponge Early Espresso around the edges.
8. On a strip approx. 1″ x 4″ of Naturals White, stamp the “Thanks” in Early Espresso. Trim around the stamped “THANKS” with your scissors leaving a space of about 1/2″ to cut a “v” for a flagged end. Lightly sponge around this piece with Early Espresso.
9. Cut a one of the doilies in half and lightly sponge in Early Espresso.
10. Now we’re ready to assemble…Adhere the oval to the circle as seen in the photo. Do not glue to card yet!
11. Position the half doily behind these two pieces and adhere. Now, glue this 3 piece combo to the front of your card.
12. Adhere the “Thanks” strip across the bottom of the oval and partially onto the circle as seen in photo.
13. Adhere the three flowers on the limeade circle. Position to your liking, taking care not to cover the “thanks”.
14. Use glue dots to adhere faceted buttons and a bow tied from Linen Thread.
15. Your expression of “Thanks” is ready to send!
Stunning 3-D Flowers
Stamps: Secret Garden (w: 129141, c: 129144) from 2013 Spring Catalog; Itty Bitty Banners (w: 126255, c: 126257)
Ink: Basic Black Classic (126980), 2011-2013 In Colors: Calypso Coral (126983) and Lucky Limeade (126984)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), 2011-2103 In Colors: Calypso Coral (122925) and Lucky Limeade (122926), Daffodil Delight (119683)
INSTRUCTIONS for each flower:
1. Stamp flower with black ink on Designer Series Paper. Run thru Big Shot with floral framelit, then again with Polka Dots embossing folder. Cut out with Paper Snips. With matching color marker, color from center out to create depth, leaving outer parts of the flower the original color. Set 3 dimensionals on back and set aside.
2. Stamp center of same flower as in step one, onto Daffodil cardstock. Cut out with Paper Snips. Use So Saffron Marker and add shading, to add dimension as in step one. Attach one Rhinestone jewel in center. Attach one dimensional on back, then set in center of main flower in step one.
3. Finish card by adding flower to a background that you have used another embossing folder on. Add leaves if desired, with dimensionals.
Stamps: Best Of Birthdays (132929)
Ink: Melon Mambo (126948), Pacific Point (126951)
Card Stock: Whisper White (100730)
Accessories: Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper (126922), Sticky Strip (104294), 1/2″ Circle Punch (119869), Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die (129411), 3/16″ Metallic Brads (119741)
Other: Bamboo Skewers (available at most grocery stores), plain printer paper
1. Using Melon Mambo and Pacific Point ink, stamp “Happy Birthday to You” as many times as desired onto Whisper White card stock. Punch out using XL Oval Punch.
2. Cut 2″ wide strips of designer paper and die cut pinwheels using the Pinwheel Sizzlits die and Big Shot machine.
3. Assemble each pinwheel using a gold brad to secure.
4. Punch a bunch of 1/2″ circles from the plain printer paper. Attach a piece of Sticky Strip to one side of each and remove red liner. Lay the end of a skewer over the adhesive.
5. Adhere onto the back of each pinwheel and stamped oval punch.
6. Bake and frost your favorite cupcakes. Stick one pick into each cupcake and your party will be awesome! This is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree (115026 W) (127793 CM), Loving Thoughts (125843 W) (125845 CM)
Inks: Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad (126974), More Mustard Classic Stampin’ Pad (126964), Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker (119680), Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Marker (119701-Regals Collection)
Paper: Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650), Early Espresso Card Stock (119686), Cajun Craze Card Stock (119684), More Mustard Card Stock (100946)
Accessories & Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (127821), 2-1/2″ Circle Punch (120906), Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), Silver Basics Designer Buttons (129325), Early Espresso 1-1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126871), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Glue Dots (103683)
1. Cut Vanilla card stock (5-1/2″x8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″) for card base.
2. Cut Early Espresso card stock (5-1/4″x4″) and adhere to the front of the card base using SNAIL Adhesive.
3. Cut Cajun Craze card stock (4-3/4″x3-1/2″) and stamp the sentiment of your choice in Early Espresso toward the bottom right of the card stock. Then run it through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder.
4. Cut More Mustard card stock (4-3/4″x1″) and crumple it in your hand until distressed to your liking.
5. Cut Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon (approx. 5-1/2″) and wrap it around the More Mustard strip. Adhere to the Cajun Craze embossed piece in the center, above the stamped sentiment.
6. Adhere the Cajun Craze/More Mustard layer onto the Early Espresso using liquid glue.
7. Stamp the tree image onto Very Vanilla card stock: ink the top of the tree with the More Mustard ink pad; then color the tree trunk with the Early Espresso marker; finally, “thump” the Cajun Craze marker onto the top part of the tree image as much or as little as you like. “Huff” on the stamp before stamping down onto the Vanilla Card Stock to re-moisten the ink.
8. Punch the stamped tree image using the circle punch. Adhere to the card using dimensionals.
9. Adhere a silver button to the center left of the card, over the ribbon, using glue dots.
Secret Garden (W 129141; C 129144)
Petite Pairs (W 122495; C 122497)
Melon Mambo ink (126948)
Melon Mambo marker (Brights Stampin’
Write Marker set 119702)
Regal Rose marker (Brights Stampin’
Write Marker set 119702)
Versa Mark ink (102283)
Melon Mambo card stock, cut 3” x 6” (115320)
Whisper White card stock, cut 2 3/4” x 2 3/4” (100730)
Vellum card stock (101856)
White Embossing Powder (109132)
Embossing Buddy (103083)
Heat Tool (129053)
Glue Dots (to attach flower to card front) (103683)
Here’s how to create the stain glass look:
1. Choose a stamp that has a large open area to color.
2. Wipe the vellum card stock with the Embossing Buddy to reduce static.
3. Use Versa Mark ink to stamp the image onto vellum paper, then cover with whiteembossing powder, shaking off the excess powder.
4. Heat with the Heat Tool until the embossing powder becomes shiny.
5. Once cooled, turn the vellum paper so that the embossed side is facing downwards.
6. Use markers to color in the open areas.
7. Cut out the image if desired.
8. When the completed image is flipped right side up (so the embossing is on top), themarker underneath will give the look of stain glass.
STAMPS: Feeling Sentimental (SAB: 129627-W/129630-C), French Foliage (120845-W/121166-C)
INK: Crumb Cake (126981), Early Espresso (126974); Marina Mist (126962), Stampin’ Write Marker-Espresso (119680)
CARDSTOCK: 12 x 12 Sarah Sand & 6 x 3.5 Soft Suede from neutral paper stack 12 x 12 (119711), Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper (126917), First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (121878),
ACCESSORIES: Artisan Embellishment Kit (129328), Flower Trim, Designer Sanding Blocks (124304), sponge daubers (102892) or Stampin’ Sponges (101610), Scallop Trim Border (118402), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Non SU: scissors or craft knife, 8 inch or 9 inch round plate.
1. Sand the edges of the 12 x 12 Saraha Suede cardstock on all sides using the sanding block. Use scissor blades to really rough up the edges. Tear a “V” at the top of the page.
2. Ink the edges with a sponge dauber or Stampin’ Sponge using Espresso Ink.
3. Ink one of the image from the “Feeling Sentimental” stamp set with Crumb Cake and stamp off on a piece of scrap paper, then on the cardstock. This will give a faint background on the cardstock.
4. Repeat this step until you have created a background on the cardstock. The Ferris Wheel is used in this example, but any of the other stamps would look great.
5. Ink the distressed dots from the “French Foliage” with Marina Mist ink and fill in at various places using the stamp off method mentioned in the previous step.
6. Put aside.
7. Trace and cut an 8 or 9 inch circle from one of the Natural Composition Specialty DSP sheets. Any of them would work wonderfully. Ink the edges with Early Espresso and a sponge dauber.
9. If you wish to add the scallop holes around cut strips from the Natural Composition Specialty DSP. Cut through each scallop. Align the scallops under the circle and glue them forming a circle with scallop holes. Ink the scallops.
10. Put aside
11. Cut one 3 x 6 ½ piece of First Edition Specialty DSP and one 1 ¼ x 3.
12. Ink and distress each piece, tearing at intervals using Early Espresso.
13. Place the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker in the Color Spritzer Tool and pump until a small spray comes out. Spray the First Edition and the Sarah Sand cardstock and the Doily (found in the Artisan’s Embellishment Kit until the desired vintage you are looking for is attained.
14. Cut a piece of Crumb Cake about ¼ inch larger on all sides than your photo. Glue your photo.
15. Now, let’s put it all together.
16. Glue the circle in the middle of the page.
17. Glue the First Edition DSP at beside each other on the right side of the circle at an angle.
18. Now we will use the pieces from the Artisan’s Kit.
19. Glue the doily beside the small First Edition DSP.
20. Glue the ticket at an angle on the doily
21. Run the large lace ribbon across the middle of the page. Gather on both sides and stick using glue dots to create a sort of ruffle look.
22. Cut 6 pieces of the flower trim. Place them in two groups of three at the bottom of the circle.
23. Use the decorative chipboard as a journaling piece and glue it to the right side of the photo.
24. Place the large flower embellishment on the right side on the lace trim, the smaller flower on the journaling embellishment, the round embellishment on the top right corner of the photo and the cute little heart in the centre or the journaling embellishment.
25. To finish off, cut a small piece of First Edition, ink it using Early Espresso and glue it in the back of the cardstock at the V that you cut earlier.
Stamps: Loving Thoughts (c-125845, w-125843), Daydream Medallions (c-126467, w-126465), Flowering Flourishes (c-126367, w-126365)
Papers: Calypso Coral (122925), Early Espresso (119686), Crumb Cake (120953). Very Vanilla (101650), Tea for Two DSP (129311)
Ink: Calypso Coral (126983), Crumb Cake (126975)
Embellishments: Early Espresso 1/4” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126871), Early Espresso Baker’s Twine (123124), Naturals Designer Buttons (127554)
Tools: Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586) 1-3/4” Scallop Circle Punch (119854), 1-1/4” Scallop Circle Punch (127811), Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), 1/16” Circle Handheld Punch (101227), Versamark, (102283), Early Espresso Embossing Powder (128980), Heat Tool (129053), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Early Espresso Marker (119680), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Glue (110755), Sticky Strip (104294, Bone folder (102300), Sponge Daubers ((102892)
1. Cut Calypso Coral card stock – 4”x4” – Score diagonally on each side of the square from the middle at 2”.
a. Stamp medium flourish from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set on front of square with Calypso Coral ink.
b. Stamp “Imagine” image at top of square with Versamark and heat emboss with Early Espresso embossing powder.
c. Fold at the score lines. Using the Scallop Trim Border punch along the bottom.
2. Cut Early Espresso card stock – 4”x1-1/2”.
a. Stamp “Dare to Dream” image using Versamark along bottom
b. Heat emboss with Early Espresso Embossing Powder.
c. Attach to bottom of Calypso Coral card stock underneath the punched area.
3. Cut DSP 1-3/4”x3-1/2” and attach DSP to front of bookmark
4. Punch 1-3/4” Scallop circle from Crumb Cake card stock.
a. Crumple to distress and using sponge dauber and Crumb Cake ink, sponge over entire surface and edges.
5. Stamp smallest image from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set on a piece of Very Vanilla with Calypso Coral ink. (Stamp off first)
a. Using Versamark, stamp smallest image from Daydreams Medallion stamp set on to Very Vanilla card stock. Heat emboss with Early Espresso Embossing Powder. Punch out using 1-1/4” Scallop Punch
b. Apply to Crumb Cake scallop circle and adhere to DSP.
6. Wrap Early Espresso around book mark 3xs and tie a bow. Place to cover join at the back of bookmark.
7. Tread Baker’s twine through Naturals button, so that there is a criss-cross on the front, tie off at the back of button. Attach a dimensional and attach to center of small stamped scallop circle.
8. Cut Crumb Cake card stock 3-3/4”x2”. Trim diagonally from middle of long side out to each corner.
9. Cut Early Espresso card stock 1-3/4”x3-3/4”. Punch one long side using Scallop Trim Border Punch.
a. Attach to bottom of Crumb Cake piece, trim diagonally to fit with Crumb Cake panel.
b. Attach to back of bookmark with Sticky Strip to secure the folded flaps.
10. Using 1/16” Circle Handheld Punch, punch a hole at top of bookmark. Cut a piece of Early Espresso ribbon -6-1/2” long. Thread through hole and tie in a knot.
11. Spritz both sides of bookmark using the Spritzer and an Early Espresso marker.
Give to your Book Lover!
Preserving memories is a fun and heart warming experience. My sample today is a quick and easy scrapbook page for a “Dad’s” birthday celebration. Change the label and it can be a great Father’s Day page. Try this and have fun. Contact me if you need help with the supplies.
Stamp Sets: Dapper Dad (w-129195) (c-129198), Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-115370) (c-127802)
Card Stock: Not Quite Navy (101722), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (126971)
Other: Big Shot Machine (113474), Stripes Embossing Folder (123128), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335). Modern Label Punch (119849) Word Window Punch (119857), 1/2 Circle Punch (119869), Paper Snips (103579), Mini Glue Dots (103683), 12″ Ruler, Pencil and adhesive of choice.
1. Cut card stock to size needed: Not Quite Navy 8″ x 8″, 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, Plus scrap for buttons and label,
Crumb Cake 4 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, 3″ x 4″, 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and 3″ x 4″.
Whisper White 4 3/4″ x 4 1/2″, 2 1/2″ x 3, plus scraps for stamping the bow tie and shoe.
2. Run the two Whisper White card stock mats through the Big Shot Machine. The larger mat (the shirt look) in the Stripes Embossing Folder and the smaller piece in the Perfect Polka Dots in the Embossing Folder. Set aside.
3. To create the shirt, measure down 3/4″ from the short end and place a pencil dot at 3/4 inch. Next measure in 1″ and place a pencil dot. Repeat this on the other side. Use your paper snips to cut in 1″ on each side. Now you can fold that down overlapping the ends at an angle to resemble a shirt collar. Adhere with two Mini Glue Dots. Punch three 1/2″ circles out of Not Quite Navy Scrap and adhere to the “shirt” with Mini Glue Dots. Adhere this to the Crumb Cake mat. you will see that the shirt collar extends above the mat.
4. Stamp the Bow Tie and Shoe images with Not Quite Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White card stock and cut them out with Paper Snips.
5. Stamp the message with Not Quite Navy ink. Punch out the message with the Word Window Punch. Punch the label from scrap Not Quite Navy card stock with the Modern Label punch. Adhere these.
6. You are now ready to finish your page. Adhere the mats to the Not Quite Navy 8″ square card stock (follow the sample) and you are done!