Poinsettia Petals Fun Fold
I’ve always thought of Poinsettia’s as red, but when I got this GORGEOUS card from a team member, I’m loving the blue version. This fun fold card was made by the talented Laura Seki of Hamilton, Ontario. She used the Poinsettia Petals Bundle from Stampin’ Up! All the parts of this card were made with just this one stamp set, including the saying.
The fun fold is made by die cutting an oval shape out of the front of the card and then moving it to the inside portion of the card.
The fold in the middle of the card is a piece of Whisper White cardstock that is 8″ x 5 1/4″. It is scored at 4″ and 6″. See all the supplies used on this card below.
Here’s how to make the rest of this card.
- Follow the scoring cutting guidelines above.
- Emboss the front only of the cardstock with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamp a petal image with Misty Moonlight ink on the Misty Moonlight card base right under the oval shapes
- Use an old paintbrush dipped in the Frost White Shimmer Paint. Use your finger to flick the brush to create splatters over the front panel of the card.
- Stamp a branch shape on a scrap of Misty Moonlight cardstock, with Misty Moonlight ink. Colour in the circles with a White Stampin’ Chalk Marker. Die-cut out the shape with the matching dies.
- Stamp the branch image on the inside of the card with Misty Moonlight ink.
- Die-cut a smaller Stitched Shapes Oval and stamp the saying with Misty Moonlight ink.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the two parts of the petals with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set. Die-cut out the two layers of the Poinsettia.
- Use sponge daubers and put a very light application of Misty Moonlight ink over the flower petals, leaving the tips white.
- Assemble the card as shown!
You can shop for any of the products on this card by clicking on any of the product images below.
I’ll have another card to show you this week using the Poinsettia Petals Bundle. Come back to www.StampwithJenn.com to check it out. Also, be sure you sign up for my newsletter here as I’ll be featured the Poinsettia Petals Bundle in my 12 Weeks Special News Bulletins next week.