Your Creative Connections: Whiskey Business Dude Card
It’s the 4th Wednesday of the month and time for a showcase of guy cards from my demonstrator friends from Your Creative Connection. This week’s theme is “Hey Dude”. I love making masculine cards because they are so different than the usual flowers and more “girly” cards that I tend to make. For this week’s card, I used the new stamp set Whiskey Business. I knew I wanted to use it to make my Dad a birthday card because he loves whiskey.
The Whiskey Business stamp set is perfect for guy cards and more! I love all the sayings related to whiskey in this stamp set! And the little citrus twist on this card is fun for making other drinks too! On the inside of my card, I stamped the saying “You’re Top-Shelf” and then a birthday greeting. To see all of the Stampin’ Up! products I used on this card, go to the end of this post.
On this card, I also used the new In Good Taste Designer Series Paper in the background. My dad is always fixing stuff so I loved the sort of rough wall texture and the wood elements in this paper pack and thought they went well with my masculine themed card. In yesterday’s post, I also used some of this paper. I think it will be a favourite of mine!
I used the new yummy ‘In Color’ Cinnamon Cider for the card base and Stampin’ Up! Blends markers (see more about Blends markers here) to colour in the whiskey decanter and glasses images. I thought Cinnamon Cider was the perfect colour to colour in the whiskey. If you want to see more about ‘In Colors’ and how they compare to other colours, check out this post.
Here’s How I Made the Whiskey Decanter & Glasses:
- I stamped my image with Black Memento ink on Whisper White Paper. Then I let it dry a little bit.
- I coloured the whiskey with a combination of Light and Dark Cinnamon Cider Blends and Light Mango Melody Blends.
- I then lightly coloured around the edges of the glasses, the whiskey decanter, and the ice with my light Pool Party blends marker. I lightly blended the Pool Party Blends marker with the Color Lifter to create just a little bit of colour on the glace and the ice.
- I then used an inexpensive tiny paintbrush to paint on the Shimmery Crystal Effects onto the whiskey decanter and glasses.
- After the images dried, I cut them out with my Paper Snips scissors. It is very easy to cut out images like this as they are mostly straight lines.
- I then mounted the cut-out whiskey decanter and glasses to the front of the card with dimensionals.
In a photo, it is hard to capture the sheen and the shimmer of the crystal effects on the glasses, but it really brings them to life.
I’m finished off my Dad’s Whiskey Business birthday card, by stamping a little sign and “hanging” it with linen thread and a gilded gem.
Check out what my fellow demonstrators did with the “Hey Dude” theme. And be sure to check out the complete supply list for my Whiskey Business card below.
Your next stop on the Your Creative Connection tour is the wonderful Janneke Dijkstra – de Jong from the Netherlands
If you get lost in your travels, here’s a complete list of everyone on this tour…
- Claire Daly, Australia
- Dawn Olchefske, USA
- Barbara Meyer, Austria
- Kristine McNickle, New Zealand
- Jenn Tinline, Canada * YOU ARE HERE*
- Janneke Dijkstra – de Jong. Netherlands
- Michelle Last, UK
See the last Creative Connection Tour here.
To shop for any of the items on this Whiskey Business card, you can visit my Online Store here.