Taco Punny Witty-Cisms Card
I love the new punny sayings and images in Witty-Cisms stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! January-June Mini Catalogue. Aren’t these images just adorable? And the fun and funny puns on a card would make someone’s day.
I made up this card using the “Taco ’bout Awesome” saying with the mini Taco image. I felt I need a ‘South Western’ feel to the card so I pulled out my Mosaic Mood Speciality Designer Series Paper from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue. and it was the perfect fit. The colours and the mosaics were exactly the look and feel I wanted for this card. And the glossy paper just added another textural element.
Here’s how I made this card.
(See all the supplies to make this card at the end of the post)
- I stamped the background of the card with Soft Suede ink using the fun background dots from Waterfront stamp set. I love using dots like this just to make the background more interesting.
- I stamped the saying and image with Memento black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used Vanilla because that was the match point to the Designer Paper. And in the end, I like the more muted look of Vanilla for this card.
- I then coloured in the image with my Stampin’ Blends markers Alcohol Markers (read more about Blends here). I picked colours that matched the Designer Series Paper. Then I stamped a second taco on vanilla and coloured that and cut it out with my Paper Snip Scissors. Then I popped up my cut out taco with dimensionals. How adorable is this little taco with the smiling face?
- I punched out the taco image with my 2″ Circle Punch. Then I punched out the mat (using Cajun Craze) which is also the base colour of the card using the Stampin’ Up! Starburst Punch. These two punches nest nicely together for a quick and easy element (instead of getting out a die cutting machine to die cut the images).
- I felt like the card needed some more texture so I added the two ribbons: Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon and the Braided Linen Trim. And then I frayed the Braided Trim, by just pulling on the end pieces so it has kind of a rough and rustic look to it.See the full list of supplies I used listed below. To shop for any of these supplies, click here or on any image below.
I think this punny taco card would be perfect to send to anyone that has achieved a milestone or accomplished a goal. Or if you just wanted to tell someone that they are AWESOME! In fact, I might send this card out to a team member who has earned a new demonstrator level (find out more about my team here).
I love the Witty-Cisms stamp set so much that I made up a few more cards using this punny stamp set.