Picked for You Teacher Card
Need a special card for a teacher? I made this card using the Stampin’ Up! stamp set Picked for You as a teacher appreciation card.
I used the Chalkboard Technique to make the background resemble a little chalkboard on the teacher’s wall. To do this, I stamped with white ink on the black cardstock and then used my sponge to dab on some extra white around the black cardstock to resemble “chalk dust” on the black board.
To frame the chalkboard, I used the Wood Texture Designer Series Paper and some copper thread and a brad to make the chalkboard look like it was framed in wood and hanging from a wall. You can see all the supplies I used to make this card below.
To create the apple, I used my Stamparatus to get things lined up. This apple from the Picked for You stamp set takes 4 stamps to create it. Three for the apple and one for the apple stem. The pieces are all labelled in the case, so it makes it super easy to know how to stamp it. And because it is photopolymer, it is easy to SEE to line it up. I chose to use my Stamparatus so that I could create several cards at once and not have to think too hard about lining it up.
How to Create the Apple
- Stamp the first part of the apple with Mango Melody ink on the watercolour paper.
- Stamp the second part of the apple with Lovely Lipstick ink (but first I stamped it off on a piece of scrap paper so it was lighter in colour).
- Stamp the third part of the apple with Lovely Lipstick ink.
- Take the Aquapainter and use it to blend the ink colours on the apple. Try to follow the lines of the stamp to create the shadows and highlights already on the stamp. I didn’t worry about colouring outside of the lines here because, I cut out the apple after.
- Stamp the stem of the apple with Early Espresso ink and then blend it with the Aquapainter.
The sayings are also both from the Picked for You stamp set.
If you would like some other teacher ideas, just check out this older post HERE, for Throw Back Thursday showing some teacher gift ideas.
All the products used are showing below and you can click the “supply list” option to have a print out of all of them. To shop for any of them, please go to my ONLINE STORE.