I’m continuing my love affair with the Peekaboo Peach colour (see posts last week on my blog) with this sunset card. This card is actually a re-make of a card I made before (which was originally made by Marsha Lavoie of Burlington, ON). But this time, I tried out the Peekaboo Peach new ‘In Color’ with Soft Sky. Love the sunset effect on the beach!
The birds and the words come from the stamp set Wetlands and are stamped in Basic Black. The beach and the sunset and the water are all from the stamp set Work of Art. Love this stamp set for adding background and definition to other stamps. And don’t you think it it works particularly well for this sunset card?
Here’s all the supplies used in the card. See how to make the card below.
To make the sunset card:
- Stamp the peach part of the sunset first.
- Stamp the sun.
- Stamp the birds and the words
- Stamp the water several times (a couple times without reinking the stamp to get the lighter colour).
- Do the same with the sand.
- Tie the linen thread around the white cardstock and assemble the card.
This week on the blog, I’ll have one more Peach card to share with you, along with some samples of my one of my favourite stamps sets from the new Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalogue and I’ll even share some more holiday sneak peaks. Stay tuned to www.stampwithjenn.com.