Jenn’s Top 10 Picks from the New Catalogue-Part Two
In Yesterday's post I gave you my first 5 picks of my FAVOURITE things in the new 2014-2015 Catalogue. Here's part two…
TOP 10 BEST PICKS continued…
6. Age Awareness Stamp set page 50. We can definately use more funny/humourous stamp sets in the catalouge and I can think of a few people who need "Age Awareness Day" cards! The stamp set is available in photopolymer only so lining up that cute banner and sayings will be no problem. Plus with a ton of pieces (38) in this stamp set for only $19.95…this set is a no-brainer for for your collection.
7. Little Letters Thinlits Dies. page 228. These dies are my favourite new Big Shot item in the catalogue (even though there are a few embossing folders that almost made my secondary lists). But these dies are so cool. The little letters are 3/4" inch high and have lots of ejection holes so they will easily pop out of the dies. Think of the personalized cards, sayings and scrapbook titles you can make. And you can make them out of cardstock or designer paper. Definately watch my blog for ideas done with these letters.
8. Fast Fuse Adhesive. page 204. Fast Fuse is a new super strong adhesive. It is like having sticky strip in a convenient dispenser. Plus it is acid free and safe for scrapbooking. It is a little more expensive than SNAIL ($12.50 versus $9.75), for the same amount of adhesive, but when you are putting together a box or a 3D item, or if you are just one of those people who like to really STICK things, you'll want to give FAST FUSE a try.
9. Border Stamps like Bordering Blooms. page 162. You might notice that there are bunch of stamp sets that create borders in the new catalogue. This is to replace the icky wheels that very few people used and had trouble using. Problem is that sometimes you do want a border for a card or a page or a tag or a gift bag. So these new border stamps are a teriffic idea!! And they are in Photopolymer so they are a) super easy to line up and get straight and b) inexpensive….only $19.95 per set. For this set that is less that $5 a stamp. Hardest thing about them will be picking which ones to get. I love the bordering blooms as I could use the flower bordering in one colour or coloured in and I can see using the 2nd stamp for Christmas cards. Oh the possibilities!
10. Ribbon. 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon. pages 206-207. page 15. I said I'm addicted to Designer paper, but I think ribbon is a very close second addiction. Ribbons and trim just finish off a card so nicely. And did you see this picture on page 15??…what a pretty way to do up packages!!
But if I had to pick… if you are forcing me to pick JUST one new ribbon…..I'm going to have to pick the new 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon Blackberry Bliss, but really all the new "In-Colors" are awesome. The Satin is shiny and luxurious and ties so nicely.
Of course if you ask me again in two months, I might say the new GOLD and SILVER satin ribbon because they will be gorgeous for Christmas!! (like how I cheated there and added in two extra ribbons?).
- So that is it….my 10 Ten Picks of my Favourite new items in the Stampin' Up! 2014-2015 Catalogue. What are your favourites??
- See my first 5 out of 10 picks HERE.
- Don't have the catalogue yet? Click here.
- Make sure you are signed up for my newsletter list to see projects & recipes featuring new products. Exclusive for my newsletter subscribers.