heat embossing to the next level. It’s called the Emboss Resist Technique. Just about any stamp with detail and gaps for coloring can be used but using a large background stamp makes it a real wow!
Stamps: (Clear 123608, Wood 128736) Sunflower, (Clear 130634, Wood 130631) Chalk Talk
Ink: (131173) Crushed Curry, (126978) Soft Suede, 102283) VersaMark
Card Stock: (100730) Whisper White, (115318) Soft Suede, (131199) Crushed Curry
Tools and Accessories: (19860)1-3/8″ Circle Punch, (103083) Embossing Buddy, (129053) Heat Gun, (104199) Linen Thread, (119246) Rhinestone Basic Jewels, (101610) Stamping Sponges, (104430) Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Cut your card base and two layers. Card base is Crushed Curry 5-1/2″ x 8/-1/2″
scored at 4-1/4″. Layers are Soft Suede is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ and the Whisper White layer is 4″ x 5-1/4″.
2. Use the Embossing Buddy on the Whisper White card stock layer by tapping and
rubbing it on the entire piece of card stock. This helps to keep the embossing powder
off the area you don’t want embossed. I do this first so I don’t forget!
2. Ink up the Sunflower Stamp. Since this is a large stamp I like to turn it face up on
the table and tap the VersaMark ink pad onto the stamp.
3. Now turn the stamp over and stamp the image slightly off the left side of the Whisper White layer.
4. Cover the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder. I like to do this over a
coffee filter. It makes it easy to pour the excess back into the container. Tap off an
4. Now use the heat gun on the image. Make sure you don’t miss any spots and don’t
heat so long that the embossing powder melts.
5. Here comes the fun part! Take a Stamping Sponge and tap it on the Soft Suede Ink
Pad. Start in the center of the Sunflower and apply the ink in a circular motion. Start
with less ink because you can always add more. This is where it seems like magic. The
spaces are inked but the stamped part of the image resists the ink.
6. Sponge Crushed Curry ink onto the remainder of the image. Work with the coloring
until you like the effect. I added some Soft Suede to the outer petals also.
7. Take a paper towel and rub it over the embossed image. This removes any excess
ink and really makes the image pop.
8. Adhere the stamped layer onto the Soft Suede layer using Snail.
9. Wrap Linen Thread around the layers 3 times and tie a bow.
10. Use Dimensionals to adhere the layers onto the card base.
11. Stamp the “For You” sentiment from the Chalk Talk Stamp Set onto a scrap of
Whisper White Card Stock and punch out with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch.
12. Sponge the edges of the circle with Soft Suede.
13. Adhere the sponged sentiment on the card front using Dimensionals.
14. Add a Rhinestone if you would like a little bling.
Hope you have lots of fun with this stepped up version of heat embossing.
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases (W-128577, C-120501)
Ink: Strawberry Slush (131178)
Paper: Daffodil Delight (119683), Strawberry Slush (131295), Whisper White (100730), I Am Me Designer Series Paper (130138), Window Sheets (114323)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die (117310), Standard Premium Crease Pad (113476), Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119882), 7/8” Scallop Circle Punch (129404), Sticky Strip (104294), Glue Dots (103683)
Accessories: Subtles Collection Designer Buttons (130030), White Baker’s Twine (124262), 3/8” Denim Jean Ribbon (125053)
1. Lay desired piece of I Am Me Designer Series Paper face down on Milk Carton die and run through the Big Shot. Fold on all score lines. Die-cut a window in the milk carton using the smallest Window Frames framelit and the Big Shot. (Place the framelit in the center of one of the milk carton middle sections as shown.)
2. With the die-cut paper face down, adhere a (1-1/2” x 1-3/4”) piece of Window Sheet over the window opening. Apply Sticky Strip along top edge of carton, but do not expose adhesive.
3. Turn paper over and apply Sticky Strip along length of side flap. Fold to create box, adhering flap under edge of carton. Adhere bottom flaps of box.
4. Fill box as desired, then seal top of box closed.
5. Punch a (1/2” x 2-1/2”) strip of Daffodil Delight card stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Adhere behind a 2-1/2” length of Denim Jean Ribbon. Adhere to Milk Carton using Sticky Strip.
6. Punch three scallops from Strawberry Slush card stock. Scrunch scallops, smooth out, and adhere one on top of the other using Glue Dots.
7. Tie Baker’s Twine through button into a bow. Adhere to flower center using a Glue Dot. Adhere flower to Milk Carton.
8. Stamp sentiment onto a small strip of Whisper White card stock using Strawberry Slush ink. Flag (snip) one end of strip and adhere to Milk Carton.
STAMPS: Too Kind (130447 wood/130450 clear)
INK: Primrose Petals (126858), Wild Wasabi (126959), Basic Gray (126981)
CARDSTOCK: Very Vanilla (101650), Primrose Petals (126841)
ACCESSORIES: Very Vanilla Seam Binding (120999), Artisan Label punch (130920), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
1. Cut your card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and fold in half. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla 4″ x 5-1/4″.
2. Stamp the stems in Wild Wasabi ink where desired on the piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. To stamp the petals, take the “bolder” flower image, ink it up, stamp off on a scrap paper, and then stamp at the top of the stem. Then take the coordinating flower image, ink it up, and stamp full strength on top of the first image. This adds the dimension and detail to the flower blossom. Repeat with the smaller flower and its coordinating image.
3. Tear the bottom off of the Very Vanilla piece. Tie a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding around the Very Vanilla cardstock and then adhere it to the Primrose Petals card base.
4. Stamp the greeting in Basic Gray ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. Punch it out using the Artisan Label punch. To make it stand out, flick edges of the punched image along the ink pad to some color to the edges. Adhere onto the stamped piece where desired using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Technique – Faux Matting
Stamps: #122892 Clear-mount, #128703 Wood-mount Perfectly Penned; # 129216 Clear-mount, #131943 Wood-mount Swallowtail
Ink: #126980 Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad; #100082 Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
Paper: #101650 Very Vanilla card stock (1 piece 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2); Scrap piece of card stock (5″ x 3-3/4″)
Tools & Accessories: #126889 Stampin’ Trimmer; #130148 Grid Paper; Metal Ruler (preferably non-skid with cork backing). If you don’t have a non-skid ruler, hold the scrap in place with temporary adhesive.
1. Score and fold 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Very Vanilla card stock to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp Swallowtail image and Perfectly Penned sentiment on card front with Basic Black Classic Ink. See photo 1.
3. Line-up folded card on grid paper as shown in photo 2.
4. Place scrap card stock (5″ x 3-3/4″) over image leaving 1/4″ on all sides.
5. Hold scrap card stock and card in place over Grid Paper with Non-Skid Metal Ruler or temporary adhesive. See photo 3.
6. Draw line around mat (scrap card stock) being careful not to draw through the image.
7. Admire your faux matted work of art and enjoy the savings!
Tool Tip – Simply Pressed Clay
You have got to check out the NEW Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds! You can add such fun to your projects!
Here are a few Simply Pressed Clay tips:
- Dust your Simply Pressed Molds with our Embossing Buddy before you press Clay into the mold. This will help it to come out easier.
- Dust your Simply Pressed Mold with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter before you press your clay into the mold for a glittery finish!
- Put your Simply Pressed Clay mold, containing clay, into the freezer to speed up drying/hardening.
- Coloring Your Clay creations. You can either color your clay with drops of re-inkers before pressing clay into the mold or you can color after your clay is dry with Stampin’ Write Markers or AquaPainters and re-inkers.
- Finish off your colored clay creations with Crystal Effects for a glossy look.
Six-Sided Bundle Scrapbook Page
STAMPS: Six-sided Sampler #130956 CM/ #130953 WM, My Friend #122587 CM/ #128670 WM
INK: Smoky Slate #131179, Pear Pizzazz #131180, Soft Sky #131181, Island Indigo #126986, Subtle Markers #131263, Smoky Slate Marker 3131898, Regals Markers #131262
Paper: Whisper White cardstock #100730, Basic Grey #131187, Island Indigo #122923, Soft Sky #131203
Punches: Hexagon Punch #130919
Adhesive: Stampin’ Demensionals #104430
Misc: Basic Rhinestone Jewels #119245, Large Rhinestones #129324, Sharpies
1. Cut your Whisper White background piece to 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
2. Stamp the hexagon image of your choice with the variety of inks listed above directly onto your whisper white piece, in a right to left cascading downward design- you can use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for perfect placement, or simply eyeball it as I did for my sample. Using CLEAR MOUNT stamps for eyeballing makes it easier.
3. TIP: to get different shades of your image do the STAMP OFF TECHNIQUE- stamp some of your shapes in FULL STRENGTH ink then without re-inking your image, “HUFF” on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamp again in another spot- this will give you a lighter shade of the same color and give the appearance of multiple shades.
4. Stamp a FULL STRENGTH and a stamped off image of each color (Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky, and Island Indigo) onto scrap whisper white cardstock, then punch the images out with the coordinating Hexagon Punch.
5. Layer the punched shapes onto your layout in various areas.
6. Using coordinating inks stamp the raindrop image from MY FRIEND set so that the ends are connected to the lower level of the hexagon shapes of your design.
7. Using coordinating Sharpies, color 2 small rhinestones, 1 medium rhinestone, and 1 LARGE rhinestone for each of the colors listed above.
8. Place your colored rhinestones inside the tear drops, placing a Large and a Med. rhinestone together for the largest tear drops. Then using coordinating Stampin’ Write markers color in the empty teardrops.
9. Create your TITLE flag using a 1-1/2″ x 5″ piece of Island Indigo cardstock, and cut a flag in the end
10. Then mount a piece of 1-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of whisper white on top, with the flag cut into the end. You can stamp or die cut your title here, being able to customize this makes this page useful for so many different occasions.
11. Mount your photo mat pieces together (3-1/2″x 4-1/2″ Island Indigo, 3-3/8″x 4-3/8″ Soft Sky) then secure to the layout using dimensionals.
12. Mount your whisper white layout onto the 9″x9″ and you are ready to drop your photo in!!
If you have any questions or want to order the products used for this project CONTACT ME today! I would be more than happy to help you out!
Scrapbook -8 X 8 All Occasion
Stamps: Hearts a Flutter (129252), A Round Array (129090)
Inks: Calypso Coral (127983), Gumball Green (126861), Crumb Cake (126975)
Paper: Crumb Cake card stock (120953), Epic Day Designer Series Paper (130814),
Very Vanilla card stock (101650), Pool Party card stock (122924), Calypso Coral card stock (122925)
Accessories: Hearts a Flutter Framelits (130159), Epic Day Designer Washi Tape (131269), 7/8” Scallop circle punch (129404), Itty Bitty Punch Pack (118309), Adhesive Pearls (119247)
2. Cut a piece of Epic Day Designer Paper to 8” X 1 3/8”. Adhere this strip along the bottom of the page overlapping the Washi Tape a bit.
3. Cut two 2 3/4” squares – one from Pool Party and one from Calypso Coral. These pieces can be used as mats for pictures or boxes for journaling. These boxes are simply decorative elements on this sample.
4. Cut two squares 2 5/8” from the Epic Day Designer Paper and adhere to the card stock squares.
5. To create the embellishment on the left above, stamp the flag image from Hearts a Flutter in Gumball Green on Very Vanilla card stock and cut out using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits.
6. Stamp the flower image from A Round Array in Calypso Coral on Very Vanilla card stock. Punch out using the 7/8” Circle punch. Adhere the pieces together using Dimensionals and add the pearl on top.
7. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 4” X 6”. Ink edges using a sponge and Crumb Cake Classic Ink. Adhere on the left side of the page. Adhere squares on the right-hand side of the page following the example.
8. Add a strip of Washi tape on two corners of the 4” X 6” piece.
9. If you’d like the additional journaling “flag” along the bottom, cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to 6 1/4” X 3/4”. Snip the end to create the “banner” shape. Ink edges using a sponge and Crumb Cake Classic Ink and adhere.
Scrapbook – My Digital Studio page
My Digital Studio #130647 (two disc set)
Spring to Life Kit digital download #133026
1. Create a blank 12×12 scrapbook page.
2. Add three square punch images; three down the left side that each are 4 x 8” (use the rulers down the side and along the top to help you place these boxes).
3. Add three square punch images; three down the right side that each are 4 x 4” (use the rulers down the side and along the top to help you place these boxes).
4. Use the paper fill option to fill each box with a different paper pattern from the Spring To Life designer kit.
5. Add a vertical strip of Lucky Limeade Grosgrain ribbon.
6. Add a square photo box to center of page. Insert a photo of your choosing. Add white mat.
7. Add a Spring to Life “leaf” embellishment to the page and color it to match a color from one of the designer paper colors.
8. Add two flag punches and layer them under your photo box. Fill one with Lucky Limeade; the other fill with Whisper White. Add journal box on top of flag and describe your chosen photo.
9. Add a title to the top left of scrapbook page using a journal box.
10. Use the “drop shadow” option to add a shadow to the leaf image, photo box, title and journaling to complete the page.