It has always been such a pain to create fringe for cards, scrapbook pages and 3-D projects! With the new ‘Celebrate the everyday’ catalog Stampin’ Up! has solved the problem for us. You’ll find the answer, FRINGE SCISSORS, on page 31 ~ check it out. They are so easy to use!
STAMPS: #133851 clear, #133848 wood, Life in the Forest; #130622 clear, #130619 wood, Label Love
Ink: #126965, Cajun Craze; #126861, Gumball Green; #101406, StaZon Jet Black
CARD STOCK #126840, Gumball Green; #100730, Whisper White; #122959, Watercolor Paper
Designer Series Paper: #130135, Subtles Paper Stack; #132994, Watercolor Wonder
ACCESSORIES: #133325, Fringe Scissors; #130920, Artisan Label Punch; #103954, Aquapainter; #104430, Dimensionals
- Cut one piece of Whisper White card stock 5 ½” x 8 ½” for your base. Cut a separate piece 4” x 5 ¼” to form a base for cut outs.
- Cut chevron paper 3” x 4”, adhere to base.
- Cut striped paper 3” x 4”, trim for hill effect, adhere to base over chevron.
- Cut Gumball Green 3” x 4”, cut one 4” edge w Fringe Scissors. The scissors work best if you insert paper to center of scissors and stop cutting before you reach the tip.
- Stamp fox & trees w StaZon, watercolor. Stamp wish in Cajun Craze, punch.
Do you need a quick – yet cute – way to give someone some Valentine Kisses? Here’s an idea that suitable for that Special Someone in your life!
STAMPS: Wood 133227 / Clear 133230 – Perfect Pennants
INK: 126949 – Real Red, 131178 – Strawberry Slush
CARD STOCK: 111351 – Pink Pirouette, 131295 – Strawberry Slush, 102482 – Real Red
ACCESSORIES: 102210 – 6” x 8” Cellophane Bags, 113439 – Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, 130658 – Big Shot Magnetic Platform, 130102 – Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies, 129381 – Ovals Collection Framelits Dies, 101610 – Stamping Sponges, 119246 – Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 117193 – Small Heart Punch, 103683 – Glue Dots, 104430 – Stampin’ Dimensionals, 104332 – SNAIL Adhesive
OTHER: Hershey’s Kisses – or any Valentine candy treat!
- Fill a Cellophane Bag with the candy. Roll over the top secure it shut with either Glue Dots or staples. Set aside.
- In Real Red ink, stamp the sentiment on Pink Pirouette card stock. Run through the Big Shot with the Art Deco Label Framelits Die to cut it out. Sponge the edges with Real Red ink. Add a large Rhinestone.
- Run Real Red card stock through the Big Shot with the Oval Framelits Die to cut it out. Attach the stamped sentiment in the center of the oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut 1-1/8” x 6” from Pink Pirouette card stock. In Strawberry Slush ink, randomly stamp hearts. Punch some Real Red hearts. Attach them to the center of the full heart images using Glue Dots. Trim any that extend beyond the straight edge of the pink card stock.
- Cut 1-1/2” x 6” from Strawberry Slush card stock. Cut 4” x 6” from Real Red card stock. Score at 2” and fold on the scored line. Layer the Strawberry Slush and Pink Pirouette card stock strips on top. Using lots of SNAIL Adhesive, attach this piece to the top of the Cellophane Bag.
- Add the stamped sentiment from Step #3 to the topper.
- That’s it. This can be used alone for a gift, or make it part of a gift basket. Either way, it’s bound to please the recipient!
Just in time for Valentines, Stampin’ Up has a brand new adorable stamp set called “Love you More”. Available only until January 27th. Perfect for the paper piecing technique to make a fun and colourful card!
STAMPS: 131853 Love you More (Clear), 131850 Love you More (Wood)
INK: 101406 Black StazON, 131178 Strawberry Slush, 131171 Bermuda Bay, 131173 Crushed Curry
CARDSTOCK: 131197 Bermuda Bay, 100730 Whisper White, 131199 Crushed Curry, 131295 Strawberry Slush, 121045 Basic Black
ACCESSORIES: 132995 Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper*, 120906 2.5” Circle Punch, 103579 Paper Snips Scissors, 131262 Regals Stampin’ Write Markers, In Color 2013-2015 Stampin’ Write Markers, 130931 Brights Candy Dots, 104430 Dimensionals
*Celebrate the Everyday Occasions Catalogue 2014
- Cut your cardstock as follows:
- Bermuda Bay 8.5 x 5.5”
- Whisper White (2 pieces): 5.25 x 4”
- Basic Black: 3.75 x 3.75”
- Designer Paper (2 pieces): 1.75 x 1.75”
- Strawberry Slush: 1.75 x 1.75”
- Crushed Curry: 1.75 x 1.75”
- On one of the white pieces of cardstock, stamp the saying very close to the bottom with Black StazOn ink. Let it Dry.
- With the Strawberry Slush marker and the Crushed Curry marker colour in the words as sho.
- Attach stamped white cardstock to the folded Bermuda Bay card base.
- Stamp the bird image with Crushed Curry ink on the other piece of white cardstock.
- Punch it out with the circle punch.. Clean the stamp and stamp it again in Strawberry Slush ink, Bermuda Bay ink and Black StazOn on the remaining white cardstock.
- With the paper snips scissors, cut out the heart, the tail the breast and the wing as shown.
Attach the cut out pieces to the stamped image. This technique is call paper piecing.
- Attach the 4 squares to the larger black square.
- Attach the circle image to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add 3 Candy dots in Bermuda Bay in front of the saying.
I just love this stamp set. I would even say it is a staple (a must have) for every scraproom. It is so versatile. Use it for birthdays, Christmas, Fathers Day or Just thinking about you card. You can use different techniques with it also. Today I will share with you one of my favorite techniques using this longtime fav of Stampin’ Up!- The mirror image.
Cardstock : 100702-Old Olive; 131296-Baked Brown Sugar; 100730-Whisper White; window sheet(acetate)
Stamps: 127793-Lovely as a Tree; 126707 Sassy Salutations
Ink : 131174-Baked Brown Sugar; 126953-Old Olive; 126962-Marina Mist
ACCESSORIES: 119868-1inch circle punch; 126889-Stampin’ trimmer; 102300-bone folder; Accessories/Embellishments: 102892-daubers; 104430-dimensional
- Cut your cardstock
- Olive green 1 piece at 5 ½ x 8 ½ , fold at 4 ¼
- Baked brown sugar- 1 piece at 4 x 4; 1 piece at 4 x 1 ¼
- Whisper white-1 piece at 3 ¾ x 3 ¾; 1 piece at 3 ½ x 1; 1 piece 5 x 3 ¾
- Stamp image on the upper part of the whisper white cardstock.
- Stamp another image on a piece of acetate.
- Turn the acetate over and align the image with the stamped image on the whisper white cardstock. Press down and rub over the image with a bone folder. Make sure to rub the whole image. This is to transfer the image to the cardstock.
- Ink a dauber with Old Olive ink and create your grass. Start by rubbing your dauber off the page and going across the about ¼ of an inch high.
- Ink another dauber with Marina Mist and create the water. Ink off cardstock, then across, starting a little darker and going lighter.
- Create the sky using the Marina Mist dauber, but without re-inking. You should see some white through.
- Punch ticket corners on all cardstock pieces. Using the 1 inch circle punch, place one corner in the end of punch and punch, repeat for all four corners.
- Stamp sentiment. I used Happy Birthday from Sassy Salutations, but this card could be for any occasion. Add dazzling diamonds or iridescent ice for a Christmas card, or how about Happy Father’s Day.
- Adhere stamped images to co ordination Baked Brown Sugar pieces.
- Adhere to card base using Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Adhere Whisper White piece 5 x 3 ¾ on the inside of your card.
Tag Topper Punches
With our brand new tag topper punches, you can make a tag (or a bookmark) as long as you want! Just be sure to cut your paper exactly 2″ wide and then punch the top edge and hole in one smooth motion! This sample was CASED from the new Occasions Catalog.
STAMPS: (wood: 133050, clear: 133053) So Very Grateful
PAPER: (101910) Shimmery White and (115320) Melon Mambo cardstock; (126926) Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
INK: (101406) Jet Black StazOn ink pad ; (131171) Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad ; (131259) Brights Collection Stampin’ Write Markers
ACCESSORIES: (133324) Scalloped Tag Topper Punch ; (131206) Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon ;(129267) Bitty Banner Framelits ; (127019) Large Scallop Edgelits ; (102845) Blender Pens ; (104430) Stampin’ Dimensionals
1. Cut Melon Mambo cardstock 2″ x 6-1/2″ and punch one end with Tag Topper punch. Cut Shimmery White cardstock 2″ x 6″ and cut one end with Large Scallop Edgelits; punch other end with Tag Topper punch. Adhere 2 tag pieces together, matching top edge. Tip: punches are designed to cut one sheet of cardstock at a time, so don’t try to punch both layers at the same time.
2. Trim a piece of Designer paper to 2″ x 1/4″ and adhere to bottom of tag.
2. Stamp flower image in top half of tag with StazOn ink. Stamp again on a scrap of cardstock to capture one single flower with leaves and cut out.
3. Working in a small area at a time, color with markers and blend with blender pen. If you would rather, you can scribble the marker on a palette (or stamp box) and pick up color with blender pen.
4. Stamp “you’re so very giving…” with Bermuda Bay ink on a scrap of cardstock and die cut with Bitty Banner framelit. Attach banner and separate flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Insert length of ribbon through hole at top.
January is a great time to capture those snow day memories to keep close to your heart for years to come.
STAMPS: (c-131781, w-131778) Festive Flurry
Paper: (100730) Whisper White, (122923) Island Indigo, (131203) Soft Sky
Ink: (132142) Metallic Encore Silver
ACCESSORIES: (125005) Silver Glimmer Paper, (113439) Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, (132193) Festive Flurry Framelit Dies, (110775) Multipurpose Liquid Glue, (1042394) Sticky Strip
Other: Microsoft Word – Font –Engravers MT (36), RGB – Red =0, Green = 126, Blue = 135
1. Cut Whisper White card stock 8” x 8”
2. Cut Island Indigo card stock 4-1/4” x 4-1/4”
3. Cut Soft Sky card stock 4” x 4”
4. Ink smallest snowflake with Silver ink and stamp a random pattern on the Whisper White card stock
5. Using the smallest die, cut 2 snowflakes from Silver Glimmer paper
6. Using the 2nd smallest die, cut 2 snowflakes from Island Indigo paper
7. Attach the Silver Glimmer snowflakes to the Island Indigo snowflakes with Sticky Strip
8. Attach the Soft Sky panel to Island Indigo panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
To Create Title
1. Open Microsoft Word to a blank document
2. Choose the Engravers MT font with a size of 36 and change the RGB colors to Red = 0, Green = 126, Blue = 135 – this is the RGB colors for Island Indigo
3. Print on Whisper White card stock
4. Cut the title strip 7” x 3/4” (be sure to center title when cutting out)
5. Cut a strip of Island Indigo – 7-1/2” x 1”. Attach the strip to the title strip.
Using Multipurpose Glue, assemble scrapbook page as per the photo
You can turn this 8” x 8” page into a 12” x 12” page by layering on Island Indigo 12” x 12” card stock and adding additional elements to the page.